What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have misunderstood..

Without the proposed one line change to /usr/sbin/vpnrouting.sh you do not honour custom names when stopping/starting the VPN Clients, but changing it doesn't break the code for any of the users that choose not to customise their VPN Client descriptions.

Your change implies that the routing table numbers will never change from 110-111-etc..., as that's what the grep is looking for. If Asus were to force a table number change in a future GPL change, or if a user wanted to change them, it would bring the opposite problem of the one you are facing. That's why I say that either method will have its drawbacks.

Listing devices is broken

b7a7ece2404612fecbf58587c851ce65.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Listing devices is broken

You probably have a device with an invalid name. Test with a desktop browser, and if you can reproduce the error check the browser console for more details.

Uploading Beta 2 builds. Nothing major changed, but I'd prefer to have these retested again before a final release.

Changes since Beta 1:

Code:
a684eb1 Updated documentation
beb6678 Bumped revision to beta 2
330a0ad webui: integrated Tor page client display with Networkmap's clientlist
1e85623 webui: Ensure we always display a progress counter when applying on the OpenVPN client page.
b05794f curl,nano: Update gitignore
df7f647 webui: adjust wait timing when submitting OpenVPN client page
e511da4 cstats/rstats: update unset clock detection, by replacing the old Y2K value with Jan-1-2017; cast constant as unsigned long.
8a8b06e cstats: make rollover calculations properly deal with 64-bit values, and apply Asus's calculation tweak from rstats
5a03ad4 openvpn: store original IFS before changing it
1659357 vpnrouting: fix IFS not being stored before changing (broken since commit daa0df6acc814ac0cf33709cb2618e578d75fe8f)
fbd6f9f rc: format the reported firmware version that gets logged if new FW is available

You probably have a device with an invalid name. Test with a desktop browser, and if you can reproduce the error check the browser console for more details.
What do you mean with invalid name?
I tried windows 10 desktop browsers Edge and Chrome...

Beta 2 installed. I tested and all devices came up for a second.
Then they went away.

What name can I use?

Last edited:
Beta 2 did the fix!
Don't know how it came.

Most likely the reboot did it, because I didn't change anything to the client list code.

By invalid name, I mean using a quote on the client list's description (John's PC for example).

Most likely the reboot did it, because I didn't change anything to the client list code.

By invalid name, I mean using a quote on the client list's description (John's PC for example).
Thanx I'll look at it tomorrow. De reboot wasn't it do you can see. Thanks for tonight!

Update: no quotes or characters besides dashes -
E.G.
MYSERVER or my-server without spaces

Last edited:
RT-AC3200_380.65_beta2
are in RT-AC5300 folder

@RMerlin I've been having problems with printers being found on my network ever since Beta 1. I just fully reset 3 routers in my home and reconfigured them with Beta 2 and I can see printers going in and out (after rebooting the router) as I scan for them on my iMac and Windows 10 devices. I've tried restarting all of them and it still does not work consistently like it used to. I also noticed my Amazon Echo sometimes won't work with my Harmony Hub (via voice commands) and the Handoff feature on the iMac and iPhone won't work ... they seem to work right away again after a reboot of router for a little bit and then it's random.

Also, the listing of devices will randomly go from 17 devices to 3 but show "No data in table." on the right hand side (the client status section). Pushing refresh will show 2, then 16, 4 or none (very random)... I have over 20 devices connected. I never had this issue until Beta 1.

One more thing I noticed since Beta 1 on the 3100, the CPU Core 1 will stay at 100% and then sometimes switch to 100% on Core 2 but no matter how long I waited, the only thing that could get it to go back to normal was a reboot. This was after initial flash and full reboot. Internet performance is very slow until the reboot.

I thank you for all your hard work and appreciate any help you can offer!

Lastly, my other two routers (68Us) are set up as Media Bridges and they connect to the 3100 via 5GHz. Could you possibly enable the option in the web GUI to disable 2.4GHz (or vice versa for those that use 2.4GHz) once they're in this configuration? I've done it through the Asus app on the phone, but I don't see it listed in the web GUI once the Media Bridge option is enabled. Thank you.

Edit: I just tried using the Asus app for this purpose, but it can't find my router (I never had issues before Beta 1 in finding my router and adding it to the Asus Router app).

Last edited:
@RMerlin I've been having problems with printers being found on my network ever since Beta 1. I just fully reset 3 routers in my home and reconfigured them with Beta 2 and I can see printers going in and out (after rebooting the router) as I scan for them on my iMac and Windows 10 devices. I've tried restarting all of them and it still does not work consistently like it used to. I also noticed my Amazon Echo sometimes won't work with my Harmony Hub (via voice commands) and the Handoff feature on the iMac and iPhone won't work ... they seem to work right away again after a reboot of router for a little bit and then it's random.

Also, the listing of devices will randomly go from 17 devices to 3 but show "No data in table." on the right hand side (the client status section). Pushing refresh will show 2, then 16, 4 or none (very random)... I have over 20 devices connected. I never had this issue until Beta 1 . . . .

I found all of these issues when I installed the official Asus firmware 4180 . . . Merlin merged in 4180 with beta 1 I believe which explains it. It seems I will be skipping this release until Asus fixes some of these bugs.

Beta2 installed.

VPN Client GUI status when stopping and starting VPN Clients is now more accurate.

However, I have found that sometimes the GUI progress indicator is >100%

I have taken the following snapshot from a video recorded whilst foreground semi-transparent command 'tail -f /tmp/syslog.log' was in progress to gauge the accuracy of the GUI status.

Bug.png

While watching the logs and the printer scan, the printers were found around 9:32 w/0 any changes on my end. I've attached a screenshot of System Log. I do see MiniUPnPd shutdown at around the same time, but I'm not sure that's helpful.

Attachments

• 3100 Beta 2.png
    3100 Beta 2.png
    334 KB · Views: 710
  • System Log.png
    System Log.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!