What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did the update from the lastest 380.68_4 build. Seems that everything is working fine, but the timezone.

I am living in germany, so GMT +01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussel should be the correct time zone entry from the router. But the gui tells me that I have a different time zone on my locale pc (UTC +01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien) and the router is an hour behind the correct time here. Summer time not considered?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ntp-an-hour-back.41679/#post-352720

Thanks a lot, that was the trick and is a much cleaner fix than setting the timezone to +2 ;)

I have now added the new firmware to my rt-ac88u. Beside the "Spam" in the console I get (after empty cache) in IE11, Chrome and Firefox the same to see:

88.2.png

88.1.png

All jffs scripts (AB-Solution, NTP Daemon, DNSCrypt, QoS-Script) seem to work well.

Last edited:
I have now added the new firmware to my rt-ac88u. Beside the "Spam" in the console I get (after empty cache) in IE11, Chrome and Firefox the same to see:
View attachment 10709
View attachment 10710

All jffs scripts (AB-Solution, DNSCrypt, QoS-Script) seem to work well.
Including pixelserv-tls?
If so, good to know it survives such a significant update.

I've upgraded my RT88u and, at QoS statistics page only "VoIP and Instant Messaging" and "Default" was counting also some of the classes dissappared. I've disabled FreshJR's script and it was still same.

I have VPN client setup with some Policy Rules so I can access some web pages that are blocked in my country, VPN was able to connect but I couldn't access any of the pages but when I chose "Redirect Internet traffic" to all it was OK.

Skynet, and AB-Solution was OK but when I follow dnsmasq logs I saw some of the DNS request was being sended to an IP address that I don't know (possibly my ISP's DNS addresses)

For now I'll wait for the next beta :(

Edit: I've installed again and added DNS addresses manually I think dnscrypt was the problem. it seems curently my only problem is the all "Status" parts are missing on Network Map :)

Should I worry about these logs;

Oct 18 23:44:46 qos: Removing codel patch
Oct 18 23:44:46 qos: Applying codel patch
Oct 18 23:44:46 kernel: *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!

Last edited:
That's normal, until their DHCP lease gets renewed.
Doesn't happen with 380.68_4 or at least I have never seen it happen. I'm back on 380.68_4 and network map is correct and there aren't hundreds of syslog entries filling it up.

The spamming system log is on Asus unless they fix it all new Merlin builds will have this issue. It's all closed source. :(

Doesn't happen with 380.68_4 or at least I have never seen it happen.

Check the forums, that issue actually comes up quite often in posts. Clients with a pre-existing lease after a reboot show up as wired or static despite being wireless or dhcp. It takes a lease renewal for the database to get properly updated.

Last edited:

Open your browser console and look for a Javascript error.

Oct 18 23:44:46 qos: Removing codel patch
Oct 18 23:44:46 qos: Applying codel patch
Oct 18 23:44:46 kernel: *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_load:95] tdts_core_rule_parsing_trf_load() fail!

The codel patch indicates you enabled fq_codel while using Adaptive QoS. The firmware has to install a filesystem-level patch to be able to insert fq_codel parameters into the output from Adaptive QoS's setup. Any restart of the Trend Micro setup will cause the patch to be removed then re-applied. This is normal.

The last line indicates a problem reading the TrendMicro signature file. Could be because it first tried to load the old signature. Check on the Firmware Upgrade page, it should indicate a signature version of 2.xx if the new signature have been downloaded and installed.

Also if seeing webui oddities, do a forced reload of the page, to flush out the cache. 380.68 contains some of the 382 webui changes, but there are a few more with this 382.1 release that will require another forced refresh or browser cache flush.

The last line indicates a problem reading the TrendMicro signature file. Could be because it first tried to load the old signature. Check on the Firmware Upgrade page, it should indicate a signature version of 2.xx if the new signature have been downloaded and installed.

It's 2.002, I've just rebooted router again saw the same log. Should I reset to defaults or something else which can fix this?

RT-AC66U owner here. If this indeed is (the start of) the end of the ride: thanks, it was a good one!

@john9527 remains a very viable alternative. He's actively maintaining his fork.

Last edited:
It's 2.002, I've just rebooted router again saw the same log. Should I reset to defaults or something else which can fix this?

I get the same message here. The message comes from the closed source Trend Micro code, so I have no idea what it's about. The downloaded rules do seem to work, my traffic correctly gets classified.

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - QoS Statistics_2017-10-18_17-28-16.png

I get the same message here. The message comes from the closed source Trend Micro code, so I have no idea what it's about. The downloaded rules do seem to work, my traffic correctly gets classified.

View attachment 10712

My traffic does not classified correctly;

here while I was watching a video on youtube, it's classified as "default"
Screenshot_1.jpg

Thank you for your help :)

Is there anywhere more information available about this new feature:
- New Trend Micro DPI engine, with two-way IPS
How does this exactly differ from what's in the previous version?

My traffic does not classified correctly;

here while I was watching a video on youtube, it's classified as "default"
View attachment 10713

Thank you for your help :)

Make sure you're not using a VPN. The router cannot classified encrypted traffic.

Is there anywhere more information available about this new feature:
- New Trend Micro DPI engine, with two-way IPS
How does this exactly differ from what's in the previous version?

Beside that it's a completely new engine from Trend Micro, no one outside of TM or Asus knows. They do mention it now as a two-way IPS, which wasn't the case before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!