What's new

Bind to mac

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeroen1000

Regular Contributor
I was thinking about buying the Netgear WNDR3700 and since it has been reviewed I have a question: is bind to mac possible? I need relay my WOL packets over the internet you see:).

Apart from the static port forwarding this is the only thing holding me off from buying it...

Is someone owns this one:) please check.

Last edited:
Thank you tipstir, and what a nifty trick is it! However, since it is a trick (well more like a security issue), it just might not work. I hope I can find a 'victim' to test this. But I'll be trying it too as I'm quite curious how my router would respond.

Last edited:
Thank you tipstir, and what a nifty trick is it! However, since it is a trick (well more like a security issue), it just might not work. I hope I can find a 'victim' to test this. But I'll be trying it too as I'm quite curious how my router would respond.

I see no issues trying it, but you know where ever you buy this router from make sure you don't get hit with a 15% restocking fee and UPS pre-purchased RMA label purchase. If you have to send it back just in case it doesn't work for you in WOL after applying the trick to it.

I'm thinking about getting the Draytek 2130 (non-wireless) and then wait until this one drops in price since I have a (crappy but working) 54g wireless router configured as access point ATM. Although, laptops will probably not be able to get the full 30 megabits of download. But since it's just for surfing, youtube and checking E-mail I don't really care all too much.