What's new

Blink cameras not connected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

splatee

Occasional Visitor
Hey everyone,

I am having a strange issue with a few Blink security cameras not connecting. I am using an Asus rt-ac86u with latest Merlin firmware. So here is what is happening.
For the last couple of firmware versions I can not connect any new Blink Wi-Fi cameras to the router. I can not add them to my existing Blink system. I have MAC address filtering enabled for security and have added their addresses. If I disable MaC filtering I can connect them. I removed and existing camera from the Blink sync module and can not add it back again. They only connect if I disable MAC address filtering. Other Wi-Fi devices I can add no problem. I have made sure I have MAC filtering set to “allow” also. I have not done a full reset and cleared Nvram yet. But may have too.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm guessing, but I read somewhere that some blink cameras have two mac addresses, 1 for the cam and 1 for the sync module. It might be worth doing more investigation on google into this.

With MAC filtering disabled, I would dump the ARP table on the router and verify the MAC addresses of these devices.

Code:
arp -a

Yes there are two MAC addresses. One is for the sync module and one for the camera. Sync module and existing cameras are already installed. When I go to add a new camera the sync module will not add it with MAC filtering enabled even though I have added it to the “allow” list. I even went and deleted an existing camera from the system but did not remove it from the filtering. When I try to add it back it will not add it

I will try the “arp” dump.

Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!