What's new

Blocking QUIC on an ASUS AX6000 Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You can test the result here:

With this on the router:

1714921577594.png

You get this on the test:

1714921533940.png

Traffic classification you are looking at may not be very accurate.

You can test the result here:

With this on the router:

View attachment 58496

You get this on the test:

View attachment 58495

Traffic classification you are looking at may not be very accurate.

THANKS will try it. YES was useful and shows even though Quic is enabled on my Browser that the Router is stopping traffic using Quic. Good.

Keep in mind whatever is using QUIC with no failback will also stop working. iCloud Private Relay for example.

OK, I checked the logs today and only 149 KB Upload and Zero Download of QUIC . However, I will post this is separate Question on this forum, I now note, which haven't seen before 685 MB QQ private protocol AND 1.15 GB of Kerberos .

@bbunge, I recently donated an Asus router to a person who wanted to see Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, etc. traffic to specific devices. With default QUIC allowed YouTube traffic in Traffic Analyzer is seen as QUIC. With QUIC blocked YouTube traffic is seen as YouTube. I don't know how accurate Adaptive QoS prioritizes streaming when it doesn't actually see major streaming service like YouTube, but this is unrelated to this thread question.