What's new

Can we flash Merlin into the RT-AC56S?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ruru

New Around Here
Hi there,

I was planning to buy the RT-AC56U wifi router to install Atrill after flash it with a Merlin SW package. Unfortunatetly, I bought the AC56S version instead (has half the RAM size from the "U" version) by mistake.

What will happen when I try to flash it with the RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_378.51_0.trx??

Any solution or it will run fine?

Thanks

Hi there,

I was planning to buy the RT-AC56U wifi router to install Atrill after flash it with a Merlin SW package. Unfortunatetly, I bought the AC56S version instead (has half the RAM size from the "U" version) by mistake.

What will happen when I try to flash it with the RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_378.51_0.trx??

Any solution or it will run fine?

The RT-AC56S is not supported.

Any chances you will soon support it? Otherwise, what is the best one I ca purchase in price? the AC56U?

Last edited:
Any chances you will soon support it? Otherwise, what is the best one I ca purchase in price? the AC56U?

There is no return policy where you bought it from? If there is, return or exchange it for a different model

Probably never. Not available here (in fact only in very few select markets), single core architecture would require extensive changes to the firmware build system, and my focus is on high-end models.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hi RMerlin,

Thanks for the great work. I've been using N56U and have greatly benefited from the custom firmware.

I have basic unix knowledge and programming. There's a huge number of 500,000~ estimated group of us (based in Singapore who have signed up to one orange provider) here using Asus AC56S. Can you shed some light how we can start recompiling it for AC56S? That will be great.

Hi RMerlin,

Thanks for the great work. I've been using N56U and have greatly benefited from the custom firmware.

I have basic unix knowledge and programming. There's a huge number of 500,000~ estimated group of us (based in Singapore who have signed up to one orange provider) here using Asus AC56S. Can you shed some light how we can start recompiling it for AC56S? That will be great.

Yes, they are selling this to Hong Kong as well as many other Asian Market... for nearly the same price. It would be great if something could be done. ASUS refused the return and as a long time ASUS Router user i am very disappointed. We cant even buy the AC56U anymore. They would however allow me to pay more for the AC66U. I just wish ASUS would get their act together and stop messing around with stupid modeling.

Anyway, any thing could be done? Like crowdsource some money to fund this movement?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!