What's new

Unbound Cannot Install Unbound / S02haveged 404 error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just curious if anyone is having issues with latest Unbound v3.23? I just updated yesterday and woke up today with slow/sluggish internet. I have temporarily removed the latest Unbound and all is working again. Might try to reinstall later again to see if this was an isolated incident.
I have upgraded from v3.22 to v3.23 sometimes ago and everything is working normally.
1690478428278.png

The only odd thing that does not seem to create any issues at this time is that I am presently exceeding the msg-cache-size by 6% (at 106%):
1690478584209.png

I have upgraded from v3.22 to v3.23 sometimes ago and everything is working normally.
View attachment 51980
The only odd thing that does not seem to create any issues at this time is that I am presently exceeding the msg-cache-size by 6% (at 106%):
View attachment 51981
I've seen that so I've doubled the sizes for all. So far it's good.
key-cache-sie to 16MB
msg-cache-size to 16MB
rrset-cache-size to 32MB

I've seen that so I've doubled the sizes for all. So far it's good.
key-cache-sie to 16MB
msg-cache-size to 16MB
rrset-cache-size to 32MB
Thanks for the information, just did as you (doubled the sizes for all):
1690570081308.png

Just curious if anyone is having issues with latest Unbound v3.23? I just updated yesterday and woke up today with slow/sluggish internet. I have temporarily removed the latest Unbound and all is working again. Might try to reinstall later again to see if this was an isolated incident.
I've been reading these forums for years but I just signed up to say that I'm experiencing the same issues as you do. Updated Unbound Manager to 3.23 and my internet connection became sluggish immediately. Sometimes URLs resolve, sometimes they don't and the browser throws a network timeout. Windows and my Android phone state there's no internet connection.

As soon as I disable Unbound, everything returns back to normal after a few seconds.

My setup:
RT-AC86U running ASUS Merlin 388.2
2GB swap file on a Sandisk USB thumb drive

Addons installed:
Diversion
Unbound (currently disabled because of this issue)
connmon
ntpMerlin
spdMerlin
uiDivStats

I haven't tried to install Unbound again. I decided to install AGH w/DoT and it's working pretty well. I don't think alot of people are having related issues with the current version so I'm not sure what it may be.

I formatted the router's USB drive and JFFS partition and ONLY set up Unbound using default options (and its prerequisites, Entware and swap file). Same result. It seems like unbound isn't forwarding anything. When I look at the live log, I can only see the clients' queries, nothing else. Needless to say, on the clients I see lots of timeout and/or "no internet" messages.

How can I investigate this issue further?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!