What's new

Cannot open port 64100!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neil Smith

Occasional Visitor
Ok, so I can - but only using BT Home Hub 6 (I'm in the UK) but I wondered if for some strange reason BT blocked it for other routers as I can't anyone else's router to open it.

Port 64100 is an embedded port in my gate entry system and I NEED it open. The HH6 is a VDSL solution but as I have cables under the floor I wanted to go to a modem plus router solution. So, I have an old openreach modem with an ethernet cable runnng to a D-Link router. Can open all ports but NOT 64100. To test another, I removed the modem/router set-up and replaced with an Asus VDSL and that wouldnt open it either. I then went back to the HH6 and there it was, open again.

Both Asus and D-Link 1st line support are stuck. I think to resolve this might be impossible but it is bugging me as to why this is happening? Surely both the Asus and the D-Link can't be faulty!

Thanks to any senior networking guru out there that can help!