What's new

Can't access router - current Merlin (it was a bit ago)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alternety

Regular Contributor
I have used static IP addresses for the devices on my local network. I prefer static. The current Win 10 seems to have a real problem with the idea of anything other than DHCP. That has caused me a bunch of grief.

I have been running on an older Asus router. For a long time I have not been able to get into administrator mode so I can manage the net. I have suspected some outside influence; but no real idea. Hence, the new router (other reasons, but to also to be sure that I can control the router).

The new router has presented me with a new set of problems. I have had multiple situations where I could talk to the router, and then I can't.

After semi-random fooling around with parameters, I was able to get a functional system. But the next time I tried to log onto the router; it did not work. Somewhere I have a major lack of understating.

Overall, the router works. I can not open the Asus discovery program for the router. I have tried various permutations for logging on as admin; without success. I have established an admin logon name and PSW. But it does not work. It did until I rebooted; but no more.

Can anyone help me with this? I will be happy to provide any other needed information to resolve this.

Last edited:
did you use only characters for username and password (not too long)?
Otherwise give it a try, not all characters are allowed or working well and length is limited too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!