What's new

Chromecast and N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Swift0114

Occasional Visitor
So I've been very interested in either getting a chromecast or one of those android stick to turn my TV into a smart TV. Currently my N66U has been my media server with a 1TB hard drive holding all my movies, shows and files. I use my PS3/tablet or PC to stream.

Now I was wondering, will the chromecast be able to stream movies off of the media center of the N66u? Any one with a chromecast try this with their N66u?

This is my deciding factor whether or not to get a chromecast or the android stick. Android stick seems more versatile since it'll act just like my tablet but the casting feature of the chromecast is very enticing. So I am torn between the two and it doesn't make sense to get both. :p

Any info would be appreciated it.

I do it with the Android app Avia, you can view and stream from network shares. The app cost $2.99 to unlock the Chromecast features.

I do it with the Android app Avia, you can view and stream from network shares. The app cost $2.99 to unlock the Chromecast features.

One other question. I just learned that Apple users can play games on their handset and using Apple TV "cast" it to the TV using the handset as a controller and TV as the screen. Can chromecast do something similar?