What's new

Cisco RV220W Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kory

Occasional Visitor
I've been using a cisco RV220W for a while with decent results. I primarily use it for NAT and cisco IPSEC (network to network). Recently, we needed to add IPv6 support, and that's when things went downhill.

First off, I was very disappointed to find it that it does not support 6in4 tunneling. It does support 6to4 though, but that doesn't help me. The real problem was that once we enabled the V6 stack, the router became very instable. I would get randomly kicked off the web interface, or couldn't log in at all. Trying to reach V6 hosts through the router became very problematic.

Has anyone else seem any of these issues? We are running the latest firmware.

The other thing I am having problems with is port mapping. For example, I want to map all incoming connects (coming in on the WAN site) to port 2000 to port 22 on host X on the LAN side. Map for 2001 to host Y on the LAN side, etc. This is a very basic function and every other router I've used supports this. I'm sure the cisco must support it, but it is not very clear. I wan able to map incoming port 22 to port 22 on host X, but I need to be able to reach multiple machines on the LAN side with SSH.

Can someone explain how to do this?

Can anyone recommend another router with the same capabilities of the RV220 (IPSEC, 6in4 tunnelling, etc) that is more stable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kort

Hi,
Look into ZyXel Zywall series.

Tony,

Does the Zyxel support cisco ipsec? I.E. can I bring up a IPSEC VPN session using the Mac/iPone/iPad built in IPSEC service?

Thanks,
Kory

Hi,
Sorry, I am not a Mac user. Look up their specs. I know they can do IPsec, VPN, IPV6 support.
Tony

Tony,

I did look it up and it wasn't clear. I went ahead and ordered the USG200. We'll see how it works when it gets here.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kory