What's new

conf transfer from n66u to ac68u ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pcp

New Around Here
Hi
As my n66u will be replaced by a ac68u, i'd like to ask, if there is a chance to transfer the config (ie. SMB-conf, DHCP reservations etc..) from one to the other?
Will this "nvram get/set" stuff still work between those two machines?
Ist there an option to transfer the SMB/Users config like this as well?
thanks&greetz,
pcp

Hi
As my n66u will be replaced by a ac68u, i'd like to ask, if there is a chance to transfer the config (ie. SMB-conf, DHCP reservations etc..) from one to the other?
Will this "nvram get/set" stuff still work between those two machines?
Ist there an option to transfer the SMB/Users config like this as well?
thanks&greetz,
pcp

Manually transferring settings through nvram get/set will work.

If you do an "nvram show" you might be able to track down settings associated to disk sharing. Note that part of the settings are stored on the disk itself, and part are in nvram.

Manually transferring settings through nvram get/set will work.

If you do an "nvram show" you might be able to track down settings associated to disk sharing. Note that part of the settings are stored on the disk itself, and part are in nvram.

sweet (=
Thanks a lot!!

migration went smooth'n easy!

Not smooth at all was setting up my n66u as a wireless client in 5GHz and AP in 2.4 GHz..
Because i configured this on a n56u a year ago, running pretty decent and stable since than, i thought the n66u should be able to do this as well.. but it did obviously not :( !
Or i just didnt get it how to configure 5GHz as wireless client, while the 2.4GHz part acts as AP..
any suggestions on this are highly welcome ;)
greetings..
pcp