What's new

Config Edgerouter for Internet with Dynamic IP and PPPoE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gioffa

New Around Here
This is my configuration:
-A router with adsl modem integrated in bridge mode (Encapsulation 1483 Bridged IP LLC) and DHCP server disabled.
-EdgeRouter with SNB configuration provided by Tim Higgs (ubnt_erl_bridge_config.tar.gz http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-howto/32014-how-to-configure-your-ubiquiti-edgerouter-lite )
-Ubiqutii AP-Pro
-My ISP proivde a connection with dynamic IP (v4) with
username: aliceadsl
password: aliceadsl
Protocol: PPPoE
Encapsulation: LLC
VPI: 8
VCI: 35

The modem is connected to the eth0, my computer to eth1 the AP-Pro to eth2.

Obviously i do not have access to internet because i don't now how to configure the eth0 for that type of connection or i'm just missing something. I hope you could help me. Thanks!

Actually in modem the bridgemode is for the internet connection if the ISP privide the connection in bridge mode.
I can find a "bridge mode" for the LAN but i can disable DHCP service.

So my question is how can i "pass" the internet connetion from the modem to the edge router.

I'm not really into DSL... but If your modem is in bridgemode, you do not have to worry about VCI, VPI and encapsulation. The PPPoE part is probably also handled by the modem.
Can you get an IP address on eth0 from your DSL modem?

Even if the modem is in bridgemode, you should be able to connect to its webinterface by some IP (check the documentation). Can you check if the modem is doing PPPoE?