What's new

Connected peers in wireguard server dosen't show up.......

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
When using Pre-shared Key (Secret) in server then Peers don't show up when connected.
Working just fine without.

2-Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 11-26-19 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U Pro - VPN Status.png

Yes, I have a wireguard client connected to my AX88 wireguard "server", and it doesn't show up on the status page or the wireguard page.

No Forum Members seemed to notice/complain, so I stayed quiet, since I've only been running WG/OVPN on router, since the latest alphas.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, I believe @RMerlin addressed this some time ago: something about Wireguard being a "stateless" connection, so it inherently cannot track which clients are connected at any given time. A basic or fundamental limitation if you will.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, I believe @RMerlin addressed this some time ago: something about Wireguard being a "stateless" connection, so it inherently cannot track which clients are connected at any given time. I basic limitation if you will.
Sure, but the level of state-less:ness is not changed with the usage of PSK.

The latest-handshake could (and probably are) be tracked as they appear in 2min interval. But it requires data to start handshaking. Persintant-keepalive provides this, if nothing else.

Frankly, I couldnt care less about this feature as I would never look at this page anyway, but if something is not working as intended I would like to contribute.

Works for me when using a pre-shared key, although it's possible Asus might have changed something in the mean time. I can't see what could have changed however, since the client enumeration relies on the Public key to associate clients with their nvram instance, and the "wg show" output is largely the same with or without a pre-shared key:

1704001359674.png

Works for me when using a pre-shared key, although it's possible Asus might have changed something in the mean time. I can't see what could have changed however, since the client enumeration relies on the Public key to associate clients with their nvram instance, and the "wg show" output is largely the same with or without a pre-shared key:

View attachment 55204
Maybe my setup is not representative, but for me on 388.5 it looks like this:
Screenshot_20231231_103917_Samsung Internet.jpg

And:
Screenshot_20231231_104212_ConnectBot.jpg

There is a release note from Asus about ensuring consistent display of wireguard connected clients. So Maybe they already fixed this.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online