What's new

Connection issues on the AC66U running 378.51 of merlin-asuswrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iceman50

New Around Here
I have Comcast and randomly during the day my connection would just die, originally I believed it to be IPv6 causing the trouble ( see here http://pastebin.com/psbJTYrT ), the only way to fix was to either unplug the Modem <-> Router Ethernet cable, or restart the modem (Like when I disabled IPv6 in the router and the web ui just froze with the "Completed" box still up and the icon still spinning so I had no choice). But if you look at the log (which is from today btw) it's as if the router is just randomly rebooting on its own intermittently so I'm not sure what to think, if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to help me, I am completely at a loss, thank you!

I have Comcast and randomly during the day my connection would just die, originally I believed it to be IPv6 causing the trouble ( see here http://pastebin.com/psbJTYrT ), the only way to fix was to either unplug the Modem <-> Router Ethernet cable, or restart the modem (Like when I disabled IPv6 in the router and the web ui just froze with the "Completed" box still up and the icon still spinning so I had no choice). But if you look at the log (which is from today btw) it's as if the router is just randomly rebooting on its own intermittently so I'm not sure what to think, if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to help me, I am completely at a loss, thank you!
I have no such issues with my AC66U on Comcast running 378.51. Maybe try resetting to factory defaults and reconfiguring the router settings from scratch? Worked for me when I had similar weird issues.

If the router is randomly rebooting then start by testing its stability with no USB disk plugged in if you had any. If not, do a factory default reset, and manually reconfigure it in case you had corrupted settings. Otherwise, the router might need to be replaced.

Well I have been monitoring for the past 2-3 days and have observed no random reboots, as soon as I re-enabled IPv6 the issue came back after about 6 hours, not sure if there's something goofy with my modem or router (Comcast is my ISP with an Arris TG862G in bridged mode)

Edit - As of writing I'm 378.51 so will update and see if that changes anything.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!