What's new

I lose connection every few days in the mornings. No internet when we wake up.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Micharlie

Occasional Visitor
I used to have daily reboots, thought maybe that was causing issues (but in the older versions, I had no issue), then I dropped to every other day reboots, still the problem exists.

Can someone see why this happens? I will remove the auto reboots but I highly doubt, it will solve the problem. I am guessing my settings that I have found online (here), for better performance is causing issues. I don't remember what I changed.

I am using AC-68U. The latest firmware, 386.12_6

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    368.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
What router model do you have? What firmware version are you using?

When you flashed RMerlin firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults?

I am using AC-68U. The latest firmware, 386.12_6
This problem started to exist after the firmware 386.12_2 and changing some settings which I don't recall.
I should maybe reset to factory default. I was just thinking someone could tell me why this happens by looking at the logs.

P.S. One thing I noticed, why I see May 5th in the logs, March goes daily but then I see the month of May in there too. That's weird, no?

My 5ghz and 2.4ghz settings if it helps. I also did install FlexQoS, maybe that is causing issues somehow?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.36.24 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.36.24 AM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.36.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.36.05 AM.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 16
That's weird, no?
No that is expected behavior. It is the date/time the rebooted or powered on router shows PRIOR to obtaining the correct NTP (network time). It is standard and been that way on many if not most Asus routers for a very long time. If you see that May date (and it's not May) then it likely means the router rebooted for some reason.

Do you have a real RT-AC68U or a TM-AC1900 that was jail broken?
When you flashed the recent Asus-Merlin firmware (firmware on or after 386.11) for the RT-AC68U did you follow the steps to clear out the NVRAM as indicated in the Change Log?
Are you running any add-on scripts?
What other troubleshooting steps have you tried

I just did factory default reset. Let’s see what happens. Thanks for trying to help.

P.S. My speed increased by 50MB too. I don’t know why but I won’t complain.

About the date / time, there's no battery-operated clock like in your PC, so it always boots up with the same hard-coded date / time, which only gets updated when a time server gets contacted. I'll assume that if one were to use their router in such a way there was no outside-network available that the time / date would ever count forward from the default (each time) and would never stand a chance of being correct until maybe a millennium from now (if there's only four digits allocated for the year)? ;-)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!