What's new

Connectivity Issues via DDNS/VPN with RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daren226

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am having an issue where I cannot connect to my network using a another ISP.
I have an RT-AC87U and have setup DDNS with access through WAN enabled as well as running a PPTP server on it.

I had an RT-N66U and only last week upgraded to the RT-AC87U.
This is strange to me as I am able to only connect to my DDNS and VPN when I am at another location but using the same ISP.

I have tried 2 other ISP's and have been unable to get access.

The RT-N66U is now connected in my second house a few blocks away with an independent internet connection to the same ISP as the RT-AC87U, and I am able to DDNS and VPN into that router.
I can also ping the IP from the RT-N66U with success but not the RT-AC87U.

Is there a special setting on the RT-AC87U that I need to enable?
Has anyone ever had similar issues?

The only thing I am seeing different is that the public IP's of the 2 routers are way off. I am getting a 190.x.x.x on the RT-N66U and a 100.x.x.x on the RT-AC87U.

Should I contact my ISP about this issue?

I seem to remember this post previously? If so, why are you creating a new thread for it?

Hi,

Sorry I thought I posted it in the wrong area so I posted it here under ASUS, and now I cannot delete the other..

Hi,

Sorry I thought I posted it in the wrong area so I posted it here under ASUS, and now I cannot delete the other..

No problem, but cross posting is not encouraged (on any forum).

Simply ask the other post to be deleted by an admin.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!