What's new

Current Stability of RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Weird, AI protection was very stable and caught everything without false positives. Are you sure all your devices simply aren't infected at some level? I mean as ridiculous as it sounds, was that ever considered?
Yes, one example was my HP printer. It was flagged as malicious because it was connecting to an IP address that I confirmed was within HP. I reported to Trend Micro and they fixed the issue a few days later. There were more similar instances that cropped up a month later, when my AC3200 flagged my AC87 access point as malicious. I haven't turned it back on in the past 6 months or so because I was tired of fighting it.

Yes, one example was my HP printer. It was flagged as malicious because it was connecting to an IP address that I confirmed was within HP. I reported to Trend Micro and they fixed the issue a few days later. There were more similar instances that cropped up a month later, when my AC3200 flagged my AC87 access point as malicious. I haven't turned it back on in the past 6 months or so because I was tired of fighting it.

Crazy, its weird how we have different experiences. At one time I must have had up to 4 asus access points under the 3200, as well as a multitude of computers and printers. Not peep unless someone went somewhere nasty. Then I'd get an email. At a seperate location, id check the same site and get the same result. I was very impressed when we found out the culprit was a legit popular site which was hacked and distributed malware. Though I didn't have any web services configured for the printers so they never tried to phone anywhere.

Have not rebooted for 2 months , super stable

Been running the AC3200 for the past few days (gave up on SmartConnect), and it's definitely much better than the AC87U in terms of stability. Only issues are some bugs with the current firmware (inc. the bug with the log flood). Even with that, it's been running for 3 days without reboot.

Also went from the RT-AC87U to AC3200. SmartConnect gave minor issues and I disabled it (less critical users would problaly not mind it being on). Overall the AC3200 has been stable so far in the two weeks I had it. Better than RT-AC87U IMO.

To answer my own question at the start of this thread: connections are stable, only bugs are in the GUI/firmware and even then I guess are minor.

I would not recommend you buy this router for it's "smart connect" feature as it leads to disconnects in my (and other peoples) experience.

On separate SSIDs though it's pretty rock solid.

To those that have the 3200 what is your average ram use? I started 2 days ago at between 19-21% now it seems to rest at 30

All I know is that I LOVE my AC3200! Turn off smart connect and use the latest firmware, pretty damn rock solid! Worth every dollar in my opinion!