What's new

Data usage monitoring per device.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gwilly7

New Around Here
I am a current Comcast customer and struggle staying under my data cap every month I currently have a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 Modem with a Ubiquiti edgerouter Lite 3 and a HD Nano AP. Are there currently any routers that can monitor data usage per device to see where I'm using all of my data at without having to rent a Comcast modem router to use their x-fi program.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am a current Comcast customer and struggle staying under my data cap every month I currently have a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 Modem with a Ubiquiti edgerouter Lite 3 and a HD Nano AP. Are there currently any routers that can monitor data usage per device to see where I'm using all of my data at without having to rent a Comcast modem router to use their x-fi program.

You might read about the Cisco RV340 router. It has software monitoring on it. I have heard it is free for home users otherwise there is a license fee. I tried it but I run a layer 3 switch so everything was showing coming from my layer 3 switch. Most people don't run layer 3 switches.

You might read about the Cisco RV340 router. It has software monitoring on it. I have heard it is free for home users otherwise there is a license fee. I tried it but I run a layer 3 switch so everything was showing coming from my layer 3 switch. Most people don't run layer 3 switches.
Thanks. I will check it out.

Asus routers can do this.
AsusRouterTraffic.png

Last edited:
Are you able to keep track over a monthly period? Thank you, I will take a look though.

I have only been running it since the fifth, but yes it would appear so.

I liked the Cisco RV325 when I used that but I have moved on to greener pastures.

I now run Untangle on pretty nice hardware (Supermicro 5018D-FN8T) and it will do everything that you want it to do. The reporting is actually very good.

Here's a sample for the month of February at my house.

Bandwidth.JPG

You can also drill down by application.
Application.JPG

Last edited:
I liked the Cisco RV325 when I used that but I have moved on to greener pastures.

I now run Untangle on pretty nice hardware (Supermicro 5018D-FN8T) and it will do everything that you want it to do. The reporting is actually very good.

Here's a sample for the month of February at my house.

Bandwidth.JPG

You can also drill down by application.
Application.JPG
That is great. I am going to look into this. Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!