What's new

dd-wrt for RT-AC87R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How are the sys logs still getting the br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address error?

I see NO vlan errors so far, If any show up I will update this post.

EDIT: NO VLAN errors!!

To all I also edited my first post with hopefully some kind of guides to help all!
If something is wrong please let me know and I can fix it.
I hope it is useful to someone.

Last edited:
CPU 81.4 °C / WL0 49.00 °C / WL1 72.05 °C

After downloading torrents on 4 different devices (5 GHz) for about 15 minutes.

CPU 82.5 °C / WL0 50.50 °C / WL1 74.45 °C

20 minutes

I take it you have no fan, as I do?
CPU 55.8 °C / WL0 36.46 °C / WL1 44.74 °C

Last edited:
Has anyone had success running two of these on the same network yet? One setup as a router, and the other as an AP?

Has anyone had success running two of these on the same network yet? One setup as a router, and the other as an AP?

I do not think so, but maybe you can?;)

So others would know, please?

I can add instructions to the first post on page one for it if you give me them, as I have no idea, I do not own 2, but google "dd-wrt how to set up ap" should get you going.

Thank you!

Ok my samsung tv was causing my router to reboot while playing a movie from the usb of the router, so I put it on the 2.4GHz and played a movie with no problems.
So I did some digging and found out my samsung TV only has n not ac, and did more digging on info and found for us to change under the 5GHz section under wireless, then basic settings
"Wireless Network Mode" to AC/N-Mixed and Extension Channel to upper upper

I just did and now I am seeing my air 2 hit 650M WOW this setting seems well worth it since I only saw 300M before on the default.

I added this to my 1st page post. Try it out for yourselves and let me know.:)

I will post back on samsung TV movie playback after the movie ends in 2-3 hours.
I need to test more but it played fine.

Edit my iPhone 6+ now gets 433M
to see this just log into the router, this is that page that shows up first or "status" then "SYS Info"

Edit 2: I moved the air with me near the router and I get 867M !!!! I think this may be top ?

Last edited:
I can not even test that
how about manual way
forward 'tcp' and 'udp' ports '5001'
try this for now

what happened to your post?

I deleted it as when I restarted my PC, all was well. I didn't see anyone had posted anything so I deleted it.

im getting those faster speeds too, good call! Wonder what speeds we are supposed to get once they figure out the software.

im getting those faster speeds too, good call! Wonder what speeds we are supposed to get once they figure out the software.

I'm not sure either.

I did get a hiccup this morning, as soon as I find what caused it I'll post on that, but I also took my samsung TV off 5GHz, I don't think something is write in the TV and causing issues for me in general. Since that is the only device that caused my router to reboot.

I really love this firmware, so many things to tweak, QoS works very aggressively and instantly either on or off.

Who is in?

How many people have installed this and are happy with the latest build?
I am ready to bite but I need a stable network for work. Thoughts?

CC

I upgraded and so far so good.

I noticed I can enable beamforming on the 2.4GHZ channel, but not on 5GHZ as others reported.

Here are my temps. Should I invest in a laptop cooler?

CPU 77.5 / WLO 46.00 / WL1 70.17

How many people have installed this and are happy with the latest build?
I am ready to bite but I need a stable network for work. Thoughts?

CC

Works great. Do not use the latest build, use the one linked in the first post. The latest build breaks 5ghz for some reason. If you like to tweek, this firmware is for you! Damn stable too.

I upgraded and so far so good.

I noticed I can enable beamforming on the 2.4GHZ channel, but not on 5GHZ as others reported.

Here are my temps. Should I invest in a laptop cooler?

CPU 77.5 / WLO 46.00 / WL1 70.17

I run a laptop cooler on mine, but those are normal for a non active cooled chipset. 90's are when you have to worry.

Post 3?

Works great. Do not use the latest build, use the one linked in the first post. The latest build breaks 5ghz for some reason. If you like to tweek, this firmware is for you! Damn stable too.

Do you mean in Post # 3? I see no link for the firmware in post # 1?
Please clarify.

Thanks
CC

I ordered the same laptop cooler as Dfran. I'll report my temp once it's installed. I'm hoping I can use the built in USB port on the Asus router to power it.

I ordered the same laptop cooler as Dfran. I'll report my temp once it's installed. I'm hoping I can use the built in USB port on the Asus router to power it.

I got the same one as well.

Here I am with a little bit of a load and it's still below what I was idle with no fan: CPU 61.4 °C / WL0 41.00 °C / WL1 48.20 °C

DFran - Thanks for the link and good advice on getting it!