What's new

DD-WRT Kong Mod for R8500 Now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is this firmware any better than stock? Thanks

Depends on what you are looking for.

Feature-wise, DD-WRT offers far more features.

Performance wise, only the stock firmware will be able to fully support high speed Internet connections (400-500 Mbps and faster), due to lack of NAT acceleration on DD-WRT.

Performance wise, only the stock firmware will be able to fully support high speed Internet connections (400-500 Mbps and faster), due to lack of NAT acceleration on DD-WRT.

Thanks for the info! I think i would like reliable and faster speed then.

You should probably mention, that this is just an issue for IPV4 connections. But even for IPV4 connections it will be faster than 400Mbps, my 1Ghz R7000 handles around 400Mbps with latest DD-WRT. Since the R8500 features a 1.4Ghz CPU it should be able to handle 550Mbps.

Anyone else try this? I tried and the 2nd 5 GH channel does not connect.
Also had problems with clients getting incorrect PW when trying to connect to the 2.4 band.

I see there is also a new version (not by Kong) Tried this same problems.
Maybe I am doing something wrong. I see it set in wireless setup as
5.0 band - 2.4 band and the other 5.0 band. Does it support all 3 bands or does the 2 5.0 gh bands have to be the
same?

CC

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!