What's new

DDNS update fails

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muligan

New Around Here
Hey guys, i keep getting this error message:

inadyn[1695]: In-a-dyn version 2.10.0 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Jul 3 18:47:11 inadyn[1695]: Update forced for alias ***mydns*** new IP# ***myipadress***
Jul 3 18:47:12 inadyn[1695]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
Jul 3 18:47:12 inadyn[1695]: [200 OK] <ERROR CODE="702" PARAM="600" TEXT="Minimum 600 seconds between requests" ZONE="****mydomain****">
Jul 3 18:47:12 inadyn[1695]: Error response from DDNS server, exiting!
Jul 3 18:47:12 inadyn[1695]: Error code 48: DDNS server response not OK

I know the solution is to add "daemon_interval=600"

to the ddclient configfile through ssh, however im not technical enough to make it permanent, i know i have to somehow save it in the /jffs folder but i got seriously no clue how it all should look like.

If anyone could please give me a dummy guide in how to make it permanent in jffs i would be eternally thankful.

Asuswrt-Merlin does not use ddclient, it uses inadyn, and it does not run it as a daemon.

Either disable the client temporarily so the router does not rerun it too quickly, or disable IPv6 updates if you had that enabled.

Asuswrt-Merlin does not use ddclient, it uses inadyn, and it does not run it as a daemon.

Either disable the client temporarily so the router does not rerun it too quickly, or disable IPv6 updates if you had that enabled.
Sorry, my bad, i meant the inadyn.conf file in /etc/inadyn.conf
when i add "daemon_interval=600"

It solves all the issues, none of the things you suggested has worked unfortunately, tried them many times before and also now without any luck.
I belive this is a specific issue connected to zoneedit users for some reason.
But by adding that line it all goes away until i reboot the router and it resets the config file then im back with the same issues.

If adding daemon_interval=600 to /etc/inadyn.conf works for you, then you can make /jffs/scripts/inadyn.postconf file containing that line to survive reboots.

Assuming you have JFFS partition and SSH server enabled, in a terminal window execute
Code:
echo "daemon_interval=600" > /jffs/scripts/inadyn.postconf && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/inadyn.postconf

More information in the wiki, https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/User-scripts#postconf-scripts and https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Custom-config-files#postconf-scripts.

If adding daemon_interval=600 to /etc/inadyn.conf works for you, then you can make /jffs/scripts/inadyn.postconf file containing that line to survive reboots.

Assuming you have JFFS partition and SSH server enabled, in a terminal window execute
Code:
echo "daemon_interval=600" > /jffs/scripts/inadyn.postconf && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/inadyn.postconf

More information in the wiki, https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/User-scripts#postconf-scripts and https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Custom-config-files#postconf-scripts.

Thanks man, it helped.
While i have you, could i perhaps bother you with another question?
I got three vpn clients set up currently all with killswitches, is there any script to make these into failover VPNs? if one goes down it jumps to the other?

Again, the router does not run inadyn in daemon mode, so that change won't do anything. The firmware launches the inadyn client in client mode, meaning it will immediately exit after requesting the update.

FWIW I have had issues lately with Asuscomm DDNS. Switched to no-ip.com and have had no issues. Asus DDNS sometimes goes wonky.