What's new

ddns_return_code=200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DFFRZ

New Around Here
"/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1" appears to set the nvram variable ddns_return_code to a value of 200

For some reason that variable gets inexplicably cleared and/or set to "unknown_error" for no apparent reason.

Does anyone know how and when that variable gets cleared or set to a value other than 200? There are no events in the log that seem like they would cause this.

In my custom DDNS update script on my RT-AC68P, I'm relying on that variable being set to 200 to know that the previous DDNS update was successful.

Do you have any DDNS service configured on the webui itself? That could override it.

Yes, I have the DDNS Client enabled in the webui and server set to custom.

However, this variable gets set to a value other than "200", multiple times during the day when I'm not logged into the webui.

Check ddns_return_code_chk instead of ddns_return_code. I believe ddns_return_code gets set every time a check occured, while the chk one would be more permanent.