What's new

Device Type in Client Status list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hjmayniac

New Around Here
The Client Status list on the Network Map has an icon that identifies some devices as PCs. This appears to be significant to the AiCloud app because I can remotely power up those devices identified as PCs. My Gateway Windows 8 desktop and Sony Windows 7 laptop show up as PCs, but both of my Windows 7 Lenovo laptops show up as 'other device.' Is there a way to make the router recognize the Lenovos as PCs? Router firmware is 3.0.0.4.260.

The Client Status list on the Network Map has an icon that identifies some devices as PCs. This appears to be significant to the AiCloud app because I can remotely power up those devices identified as PCs. My Gateway Windows 8 desktop and Sony Windows 7 laptop show up as PCs, but both of my Windows 7 Lenovo laptops show up as 'other device.' Is there a way to make the router recognize the Lenovos as PCs? Router firmware is 3.0.0.4.260.

This probably means that the router is unable to see any file share on the computer. Check your security software and your firewall to ensure it does not block access to network file shares.

I'm still not quite sure what I did to fix this. I did not change any network settings, but just started tinkering with the router from the missing PCs. I think the icons for the missing PCs started showing up after I first accessed storage on the USB drive I have attached to the router... At any rate, thanks for the push in the right direction.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!