What's new

Did my 2.4 GHz radio die?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dikkiedirk

Regular Contributor
This evening I lost connection to the 2.4 GHz radio on my RT-N66U.

When I went to the router to check the lights on it I saw the 2.4 GHz light and the lights for the attached Gbit ports blink rapidly. I unplugged all LAN cables which didn't help at all and then I switched of the router, unplugged the adapter then replugged and switched on. After the startup routine all lights again started to blink rapidly. I disabled the 2.4 GHz radio and switched to the 5 GHz which works normally. So normal LAN connection works, 5 GHz works but to 2.4 GHz I can't connect. The 2.4 GHz SSID can still be found though when it's enabled. Would this be an hardware error or a software glitch? What would be the best way to troubleshoot?

Hi,
30-30-30 reset as well and reloading f/w too. If still acting up, does inSSIDer see anything on 2.4GHz band?
Also keep the router powered off long enough to cool off the router and try again.

Last edited:
Hi,
30-30-30 reset as well and reloading f/w too. If still acting up, does inSSIDer see anything on 2.4GHz band?
Also keep the router powered off long enough to cool off the router and try again.

Thanks for the tips guys! Will try it later today, just woke up.
How do I perform a proper 30 30 30 reset BTW?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!