What's new

Disconnecting Issue - Possible help track down the problem?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blank3k

New Around Here
I'm fairly sure this isn't the router's problem but as I can't rule it out yet and I've hit the limits of my knowledge I've come here in the hopes of finding some wizards who can tell me how to track down some more precise logs or offer some useful information.

Anyway,
My problem is, when I'm watching movies on xbmc/kodi box from my NAS it keeps getting disconnected then reconnected a minute or two later & this happens on with SMB & NFS.

I know it's not a new issue as I've had this problem since I purchased the NAS and have updated the firmware on the router a few times since.

I've checked the logs on the NAS, and they're a very helpful "LAN1 was Unplugged." & "LAN1 was plugged in." within the same time frame.

and the routers logs show nothing but a DHCP request when the NAS reconnects.

the NAS is typically very stable/firm in general real world use and does go days without issue - until I try to watch something on xbmc, then the problems start.

I've already opened a ticket with Asustor support about the issue, but I'd really like to be able to sort it myself - especially if it does happen to be a router problem.

Router: Asus RT68U
Firmware: Latest Merlin-wrt (378.53)
NAS: Asustor AS5104T

So, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions ?

Ps, This firmware is absolutely brilliant by far the best I've tried, great job merlin!