What's new

Traffic Monitoring - Save frequency - issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

v.y.k

Occasional Visitor
Asuswrt-Merlin Version 3004.388.6 - Asus RT-AX86U Pro

Traffic Monitoring.
Save frequency choice "Every 1 week" does not get persistent.
After using "Apply" button, save frequency reverts back to the previous saved choice.

1706725477221.png

Similar issue was found in Asuswrt-Merlin Version 386.12_4 - Asus RT-AC68U

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin Version 3004.388.6 - Asus RT-AX86U Pro

Traffic Monitoring.
Save frequency choice "Every 1 week" does not get persistent.
After using "Apply" button, save frequency reverts back to the previous saved choice.

Similar issue was found in Asuswrt-Merlin Version 386.12_4 - Asus RT-AC68U
I see this behavior. The nvram variable is only 2 characters, so it cannot store the 168 (hours) required for the Every 1 week option. Nothing obvious has changed, so Asus may be doing stricter nvram validation. Every 3 days (72 hours) sticks, as expected.

So maximum value is 99 hours ~ 4.125 days, using direct nvram setting.
Should "Every 1 week" choice be removed from drop down?

Why would you want to go so long? A reboot/power failure your stats from the 99 hours, three days or other l o n g setting are poof... gone. Stick with one hour. Does not write that much data to storage....

poof... gone.

In stock Asuswrt, but @v.y.k is using Asuswrt-Merlin and saves the data to file.

Short period of 1h is better. On reboot it may lose up to 1h of data only. Sometimes people make non-logical choices. I don't know why.

Why would you want to go so long? A reboot/power failure your stats from the 99 hours, three days or other l o n g setting are poof... gone. Stick with one hour. Does not write that much data to storage....
Should "Every 1 week" choice be removed from drop down, since it does not work?

I think it has to be removed. It's a firmware bug - impossible setting.