What's new

dnsmasq, appletv and location-independent streaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ryan Meskill

New Around Here
I live abroad and am running dnsmasq on a Raspberry Pi to forward my DNS requests to a US cloud server with a DNS proxy to bypass geo-location for Netflix and others on my AppleTV. I have a valid cable TV provider back in the US to properly activate my AppleTV channels, but I'm trying to sort out the DNS records that need to be masked to properly stream. I have most channels working, but I can't seem to get NBCSports or ESPN sorted. Is there a definitive (if constantly changing) list of DNS records that need to be entered in dnsmasq to support all the AppleTV channels? Is this something I shouldn't be asking in an open forum? Can anyone help? Thanks!

I should note I'm using dnsmasq locally on my Raspberry Pi and dockerflix on my US-based cloud server. I've used the dnsmasq config script that comes with dockerflix, but it doesn't seem to cover espn/nbc for AppleTV, nor can I seem to get nbcsports on my computer, and the DNS queries don't seem too obvious as to what I need to filter-I've tried nearly every combination, but every time I include some of the api.auth.adobe.com and the like, it breaks other stuff and still doesn't work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!