What's new

Do they really care anymore ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Amazon is just really tight wads about this for content. I roll my VPN connection until I find an IP that works. Make a nire I'd it in a spreadsheet and then it works for awhile until they block it Nord changes their IPs frequently for this purpose. I've switched to mostly downloading the content instead because they're a pita and I have the license with membership if someone comes snooping are und like an IP troll. Regional content restrictions are part of the contract Amazon has with producers.
Amazon are getting a bit sneaky. I don't know how they are doing this perhaps it's something to do with the Roku device I use but yesterday I went onto the prime homepage on my Roku device while using a VPN and in the past it would be the USA version as that is obviously the VPN location I am using, but it was the Australian version of Amazon prime.
The VPN is working fine as I am getting all other US channels like Hulu Netflix paramount plus but not Amazon prime. If I go to the Amazon.com website on either my phone or laptop and sign in and pay for US prime then go back to the Roku device I am back to US Prime.
What's up with that man?

I solve this issue by choosing to be a consumer only when convenient to me. No VPN, no subscriptions, no hairpulling required.

I tried Netflix and in less than 3 weeks there was no content for me to see (I only want to see actual movies, series are less than useless to my erratic schedule and short attention span). I quickly found out that movies with a red 'N' on them were not worth watching either. Like bad books with no purpose or direction to them. I canceled Netflix, of course. Back to just picking up a good book when I have time to do so.
The trick is go to the independent list,I usually find a good movie there but as far as the mainstream stuff forget about it

What's up with that man?
Couldn't say. One idea comes to mind though is using some sort of whitelist for US IP's and blocking all others. DNS might be the simpler way by blocking names ending with au and permitting .com only. I haven't put much energy into figuring out Amazon and just download the content instead. Amazon's a bit perplexing when it comes to the inner workings as you can start content off VPN and then connect and it works fine.

There are leaky pieces of the puzzle though that could pass VPN info to them from the browser that allows them to flag the IP origination as being a VPN IP to restrict content. I have most of this plugged though on my setup but, if others using the same server aren't then it becomes an issue.

If they let me buy crap through a VPN then the content should be available as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!