What's new

Download Master via Proxy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ipumuk

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

is it possible to use the "Download Master" with a Proxy? So that all connections the download master app is establishing would run over a socks5 proxy?

An alternative would be to use an openvpn tunnel for the download master app. In this case only the download master app should use the tunnel and all other connections should go directly to the WAN without using the tunnel. I would also need a "internet kill switch" for the download master tool so that no connections go to the wan if the tunnel is somehow disabled.

thanks for reading.

AFAIK, the only possible way to accomplish this is with an anonymous VPN account from a VPN provider (i.e. LiquidVPN) and your router configured as a VPN client for that account.

I have a vpn setup with PIA using the OpenVPN client in the router however download master traffic doesnt go via the VPN.

All other traffic on the LAN / WiFi network goes via the VPN.

This has been confirmed with

netstat -an | grep ESTABLISHED

When clients on the network are browsing there is only one single established connection to PIA and no other remote connections.

When I start a torrent with download master it creates lots of connections to random internet addresses.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

This thread is pretty old, but it looks like there is still no solution for this. As the user from the post above reports, there is currently no way to route all traffic from Download Master to the router's OpenVPN/PPTP client... This should not be that difficult to implement, am I right? Can anyone shed some light?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is working. One other question: can I use OpenVPN's Redirect Internet traffic option to route only all of Download Master's traffic only?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!