What's new

Dual WAN Load Balancing During ISP Throttle

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mike_greene

New Around Here
Folks, I've been using an older RV042 for a while now and it is working fine most of the time. I have two ISPs with roughly the same amount of bandwidth and the RV042 load balances between them. The frustration that I am running into is that one of the ISPs will throttle me down after a certain amount of GB downloaded per month. From that point to the next month, the RV042 load balances equally across two very different WAN bandwidth profiles.

I see load balancing options in the config where it will determine a failover based on ping or name lookups. What I _want_ is that it would determine a low bandwidth event as a failure and move all traffic to the other WAN.

It doesn't support this and as I read through user manuals from Netgear, Cisco, Draytek, and Zywall, I can't find any mention of this capability. Does it exist?

Thanks all....