What's new

Dual Wan Router - VOIP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sgettis

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm a researching dual wan routers for our office. We are running a small call center with 4 users initially. With computers there will be probably 9 devices on the network (5 computers). We will be going with a hosted pbx solution from either 8x8 or nextiva for our phones.

Reliability is key so we will be having 2 internet lines coming in from time warner, and intermax.

What is the best router to go with? We are looking to spend at most 300.

The router I am leaning towards now is the Draytek Vigor 2920.

Others I am considering are the Peplink Balance 20 and Duolinks SW24

Any advice would be appreciated.

dual wan router voip

I am in the same situation as you, what did you decide on for your dual wan router?

Thanks.

Ask your hosted PBX vendor for a recommendation. They should also have config guides as well.

This way if/when you have problems there's less likelihood they will immediately blame your router (which is typical for hosted vendors).

Might want to consider the TP-LINK TL-ER6120 dual wan below is emulator for it. Give it a try:
TL-ER6120 Emulator

Side note: I use daily running smoothly for me..

1x WiFi All-in-on Fax, Print, Scanner,
1x Wired Color Laser
9x Android Tablets
1x Windows Tablet
7x Android Smartphones
6x Network/InternetTV Media Players
2x Network/InternetTV Blue Ray Players
2x netbooks
2x laptops
4x desktops
1x desktop/server
1x L2 Layer Managed 16-port Switch
1x WAP on ESR600H to manage WiFi.

39 nodes (devices)

Hi,

I'm a researching dual wan routers for our office. We are running a small call center with 4 users initially. With computers there will be probably 9 devices on the network (5 computers). We will be going with a hosted pbx solution from either 8x8 or nextiva for our phones.

Reliability is key so we will be having 2 internet lines coming in from time warner, and intermax.

What is the best router to go with? We are looking to spend at most 300.

The router I am leaning towards now is the Draytek Vigor 2920.

Others I am considering are the Peplink Balance 20 and Duolinks SW24

Any advice would be appreciated.
We adopted Vigor2920n and registered SIP extension phone from its LAN Ports at 4 as having the Asterisk PBX utility in. We utilized Vigor2920n's Dual WAN Loadbalancing but some times do the failover as to make sure all the VoIP packets could be transferred in well when meeting an unexpected internet failure from one of the subscription line.

Here is the demo film we'd learnt over here as follows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kqLnQifFw

check it and wish it may help.

I use www.Peplink.com very easy to use very good duel Wan routers.
I have one at home and as a broadband provider i use them for all my BtoB customers i have yet to hear anything negative about them.

The Peplink lists Throughput as 100 Mbps until you get up to their 380 product that costs $2500. Throughput is defined as "the total sum of all WANs inbound and outbound bandwidths". Does that mean that this router can't even handle the full speed of my home internet connection which is 150Mbps down and 10 Mbps up since my single WAN throughput is 160 Mbps?