What's new

Enable IPTV vlan 4 port 4 RT-AC56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steve1985

Occasional Visitor
I have a dsl broadband bonding connection provided by the Dutch ISP xs4all.

Their VLAN settings are:
Inet: VLAN 6
IPTV: VLAN 4

Because i want the WAN IP available on this router I use a Zyxel SBG3500-N in bridge mode. This works however it only works if i DONT set the VLAN setting for VLAN 6 on the router. If I do setup VLAN 6 on the Asus the connection fails with "timeout waiting for PADO packets".

If i let the Zyxel tag the vlan the asus can take care of the PPPoE part without any issues.

However i am unable to get IPTV to work. I have setup the GUI LAN--->IPTV chosen "Manual" and assigned VID 4 to port 4 but my STB does not get a IP address and hangs after 10%.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the vlan 6 not being setup on the asus but i am not certain this is the issue.

I have had this working in the past with a different modem. However that Draytek modem doesn't support bonding vdsl (combining of 2 phone lines to double the speed) so i had to move to the zyxel.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Maybe i can find out if the vlan4 is actually "enabled" on the router through the commandline but i am not sure how to.

Fiddling with the settings for IGMP proxy and snooping do not change anything. In all cases I do not get any IP info on the STB.

Thanks,

Steve

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!