What's new

Enabling Hardware Flow Acceleration (Level 2) in AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uhm... in your screenshot "Powered by Merlin" logo is missing... Maybe this is the problem!

Last edited:
I changed the firmware to RMerlin one and now is working at full capacity - 930MB.
I will describe few things from my experience with what i did now maybe there are other ppl who need and can use this info: after i uploaded the firmware all the settings from asus one were in place and i still had the 380MB even that i disabled the STP, the message in LAN/Switch Control - still only - CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled - nothing about (FA). After the factory reset, with all the settings manualy put back and with STP disabled - practically same settings as previous it worked, but, but :) - the message in LAN/Switch Control page - still only - CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled - nothing about the FA. Once again thx for support.

Last edited:
I have an Asus AC5300 (Merlin Firmware Version: 384.13)

Is it required to clear the router's NVRAM for the below steps to work? The reason I'm asking is I still can't get hardware Flow Acceleration to be enabled. I'm only able to enable CTF (Cut Through Forwarding)... in yellow text.

- disabled QoS
- disable STP
- disabled HW Acc.
--> self reboot
- Enabled HW Acc.
--> self reboot

I just want to be sure that this is what I need to do in order to fully take advantage of my my Internet download speed of 1Gbps. Currently, I'm only getting 350Mbps. SMB file transfers between PC's are 930Mbps.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!