What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes ... also the ps4 updates ...
If have patience to read whole story please check the link bellow

Yes ... also the ps4 updates ...
If have patience to read whole story please check the link bellow
I read it again just to be sure when you replied done, did you mean that you set the Nat filter to full cone?
If so have you tested it and what were the result, I'm using it my self at the moment.

What QOS does good for me... share the portions in order as my son play in good conditions the game but latency on the roof sometimes 70-80 !!! / my work on voip sometimes ok sometimes sutter / websurfing good enough / download to be moderate to low and streaming / 4k via Netflix to work very well !!! and also streaming via Plex 4k HDR / VISION content but maximum 47mbs bitrate - audio included. All this almost in the same time, plus 5-6 wifi devices active - sum of all - 10-15 devices active

Last edited:
read it again just to be sure when you replied done, did you mean that you set the Nat filter to full cone?

Yes sir .. done but in Open NAT tab remains active port forwarding create by "ASUS" for the specific game

What QOS does good for me... share the portions in order as my son play in good conditions the game but latency on the roof sometimes 70-80 !!! / me to work on voip sometimes ok sometimes sutter / download to be moderate to low and streaming 4k via Netflix to work very well !!! and also streaming via Plex 4k HDR / VISION content but maximum 47mbs bitrate - audio included. All this almost in the same time, plus 5-65 wifi devices active - sum of all - 10-15 devices active
Did you set QoS priority to custom?

This is how mine is set and I get 15 ms mostly.
Gaming
Work from home
Others
Web surfing
Video streaming
Learn from home
File transfer

Did you set QoS priority to custom?

Yeas but different order ... I don't have 15 never in my entire life o_O
My idea is cable has some limitations and Fiber could be the solution, also 1gbs ... but more money to go ... and 1 year to wait to finish the original contract with actual ISP

Yes sir .. done but in Open NAT tab remains active port forwarding create by "ASUS" for the specific game
Can you try removing the Port forwarding rules and try the game to see how it goes, and use my QoS order see if that helps.

Yeas but different order ... I don't have 15 never in my entire life o_O
My idea is cable has some limitations and Fiber could be the solution, also 1gbs ... but more money to go ... and 1 year to wait to finish the original contract with actual ISP
I've had 12 and lower on a worse than my current connection that was my old one

Cable is a shared connection fiber is the way for lowest latency.

I've had 12 and lower

I have the impression I make conversation with Internet GOD:eek: .... 10-12 are not real values to play with ... only in heaven could exist ...
Yes ... my opinion is the same but is not so easy to switch to another ISP because I have also the TV and phone correlated with internet cable provider ...
To cancel the contract now I need to pay 1 year penalties to actual ISP ... so ... back in business with RT86 and cable connection

I have the impression I make conversation with Internet GOD:eek: .... 10-12 are not real values to play with ... only in heaven could exist ...
Yes ... my opinion is the same but is not so easy to switch to another ISP because I have also the TV and phone correlated with internet cable provider ...
To cancel the contract now I need to pay 1 year penalties to actual ISP ... so ... back in business with RT86 and cable connection
You are lucky your internet is faster than mine I have VDSL 2 100/40

Can you try removing the Port forwarding rules
Now is no port forwarding .. I stay to see if are some changes and after I try another traffic order ... Thx for advice
Do you have a clue why I do not have upload chart enable ?

Attachments

• error after rule  000000 .jpg
    error after rule 000000 .jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 130
Now is no port forwarding .. I stay to see if are some changes and after I try another traffic order ... Thx for advice
Do you have a clue why I do not have upload chart enable ?
Go to the command line (ssh) and run:
Bash:
tc qdisc ls | grep "htb.*root"
Also check if the graph works OK on the normal Classification tab next to FlexQoS.
I realize now that the screenshot IS from the Classification tab and not FlexQoS.

Last edited:
I don't know why I can't connect via SSH ....Major change was the new firmware 384.19.
What I read is about router refuse to accept connection ??? I enable SH ... or my windows firewall is blocking but 1 day ago Putty connection was ok via firewall restrictions ???

What can I do
1. Restore to factory settings ?
2. Reload New Merlin firmware ?
3. Delete the JFFS partition and reinstall the backup I have

Any ideas ?

I don't know why I can't connect via SSH ....Major change was the new firmware 384.19.
What I read is about router refuse to accept connection ??? I enable SH ... or my windows firewall is blocking but 1 day ago Putty connection was ok via firewall restrictions ???

What can I do
1. Restore to factory settings ?
2. Reload New Merlin firmware ?
3. Delete the JFFS partition and reinstall the backup I have

Any ideas ?
Is 192.168.1.1 really the router IP address? For AC86U I think the default IP address is 192.168.50.1.

Hi Guys

I remember an old fashion method... Plug OUT from wall outlet !!! 10 minutes to cool down ...
And all came back like nothing happened ... The charts UPLOAD / DOWNLOAD are restored.
Settings for SSH working / No matter what I try to do the "hammer "way was the final solution.

No ... I don't have 192.168.50.1 ... is the 192.168.1.1
What David anticipate long posts ago ... all the traffic who is not recognized as game is going to OTHER
but now I'm afraid to implement the "rule"00000 to redirect the unknown traffic to GAMING.

MAYBE when I have more time I try again the predictive rule ... again

all the traffic who is not recognized as game is going to OTHER
but now I'm afraid to implement the "rule"00000 to redirect the unknown traffic to GAMING.
Don't be afraid. You can always unplug it again. :cool:

Currently I'm downloading a game from Steam and this is what happens;
[...]
I didn't add any rules or changed anything, just installed FlexQoS and I'm on 384.19_beta2.
I'm not sure it's the same thing, but my cable company (Xfinity) seems to intercept steam downloads sometimes. When it does, I see the same symptoms you reported. I ended up adding rules for blocks of addresses I found (to Game Downloads) and it has stabilized. I also configured Steam to limit bandwidth as well just in case.

A handy tip to see which IPs are using the bandwidth (for Windows 10 at least):
  1. Open Windows Task Manager
  2. Go to the performance tab, click on Open Resource Monitor at the bottom.
  3. On the main (Overview) tab, click on the Network section
  4. Sort the display by Total (B/sec)
For even more info you can go to the Network tab and the TCP Connections section, which will show the local and remote addresses and ports. Right click on the headings and select all columns, then you can sort on Total (B/sec).

You should now see which remote IPs are using the bandwidth. Then you can look up the addresses on e.g. https://ipinfo.io/. If they are your cable company, you can add rules to map them to Game Downloads.

Don't be afraid. You can always unplug it again.

For now on I will apply for all changes in QOS rules and other tricks "THE HAMMER "instead soft reboot.
See you tomorrow to find out if the 00000 rule will help me in some way.

Nice weekend

Post the output of:
Bash:
cat /tmp/bwdpi/qosd.conf
nvram get bwdpi_app_rulelist
Check your nvram usage in the GUI.

Code:
ceil_down=8320.000kbps
ceil_up=2176.000kbps
[0, 5%]
rule=18
rule=19
rule=9
rule=20
[1, 20%]
rule=0
rule=5
rule=6
rule=15
rule=17
[2, 10%]
rule=8
[3, 5%]
rule=7
rule=10
rule=11
rule=21
rule=23
[4, 4%]
rule=28
rule=29
rule=30
rule=31
rule=32
rule=33
rule=34
rule=35
rule=36
rule=37
rule=38
rule=39
rule=40
rule=41
rule=42
rule=43
rule=13
rule=24
[5, 3%]
rule=12
rule=4
[6, 2%]
rule=1
rule=3
rule=14
[7, 1%]
rule=4
rule=13
{0}
{1}
{2}
fam=1
fam=2
fam=3
fam=4
fam=5
fam=6
fam=7
fam=8
{3}
fam=na
{4}

And

Code:
9,20<0,5,6,15,17<8<7,10,11,21,23<13,24<4<1,3,14<4,13<customize

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!