What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My N66U has always lacked some of the 5 GHz channels that are available in the UK, whereas my AC68U has those channels available and that's with both routers running the same firmware version and without any modifications by myself. Both are UK models. The main difference I've noticed is the bootloader version; the AC68U has a newer CFE than the N66U.

With my RT-N66U, while experimenting, I enabled 1-13 on 2.4Ghz and a dozens on 5Ghz. I do not run it that way, but it is possible.

Ok. So.lets say im on US. But. There are few weak neighbor wifi that have regulation to China. And one to US. so. When my mac just connected to my wifi. It didnt detect my wifi regulation. So it use universal channel. But now when the mac is searching wifi on background. It found a weak wifi with regulation stating its china. So my mac just change the regulation and froze the whole wifi. Cant even ping to router. And ps: im using channel 1 2.4ghz. So its available everywhere thx

This actually happens from time to time, and it's a bit aggravating when it does - unfortunately, that's how Macs work (I don't like it any more than anyone else...)

Very good case study here - http://www.mikealbano.com/2014/03/80211d-why-you-care.html

If that's not a good enough reason not to change Regulatory Domains, I don't know what is...

So. If i set like 1Watt. Then the speed gonna decreased so much? And btw. On ac3200 we cant like use low channel on high channel band right? Cuz its have 2 5ghz band for low and high channels

Turning up power on the AP generally doesn't help (most have more than enough as it is with the factory calibration) - it's the clients that limit range/speed...

This actually happens from time to time, and it's a bit aggravating when it does - unfortunately, that's how Macs work (I don't like it any more than anyone else...)

Weird...I haven't run into this issue ever since I switched to a Mac with broadcom chips. Mac with Atheros chips have this issue happening quite frequently since OS X Mountain Lion IIRC. Before that, older wireless drivers had no issue even for Atheros based airport cards.

Could not get IPV6 (charter) to work on 380-57-2-HGG (AC3200) also Custom Traffic no workee it will not recover!

Fails "http://test-ipv6.com/"

IPV6 settings Tunnel 6RD Configuration Settings (Charter)

1. 6rd Prefix = 2602:100::
2. Border Relay Address = 68.114.165.1
3. 6rd prefix length = 32
4. IPv4 mask length = 0
5. Primary DNS Address = 2607:f428:1::5353:1
6. Secondary DNS Address = 2607:f428:2::5353:1

this does work on Merlin 378-56-2 (AC3200) BL 1.0.1.6(us)
had to revert back to 378-56-2

If it Smells , it's good to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not get IPV6 (charter) to work on 380-57-2-HGG (AC3200) also Custom Traffic no workee it will not recover!

IPV6 settings 6RD Configuration Settings (Charter)

1. 6rd Prefix = 2602:100::
2. Border Relay Address = 68.114.165.1
3. 6rd prefix length = 32
4. IPv4 mask length = 0
5. Primary DNS Address = 2607:f428:1::5353:1
6. Secondary DNS Address = 2607:f428:2::5353:1

this does work on Merlin 378-56-2 (AC3200) BL 1.0.1.6(us)
had to revert back to 378-56-2

If it Smells , it's good to go!
6rd Prefix = 2602:100::/32 . Does Charter support native yet. You could try native to see.

6rd Prefix = 2602:100::/32 . Does Charter support native yet. You could try native to see.

It will not accept /32 [ invalid IP length ]

field below ( IPv6 Prefix Length 32 ) think that removed the 2602:100::/32 so the input would be 2602:100:: and the IPv6 Prefix Length 32 was the default

it works fine on 378-56-2, and john's FW loads, but I'll try the native later tonight been play with this thing all day! TIRED!!!!! Dogs are hungry!

charter as far as I know does not support it yet... (native)

been screwing with this AC3200 to get the DFS channels!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the valid channels in USA (sorry being lazy here!)? Am on Ch 1 for 2.4 & 149 for 5g, I assume I'm ok since I saw some other devices/neighbours on similar channels. Also hopefully 75% doesn't exceed any US regulation! Don't want to undermine any FCC regs.
PS: Am on AC66R(U)

Very good case study here - http://www.mikealbano.com/2014/03/80211d-why-you-care.html

If that's not a good enough reason not to change Regulatory Domains, I don't know what is...
It didnt do that on like old fw os x. But this newer one start to respect regulation from another wifi

Turning up power on the AP generally doesn't help (most have more than enough as it is with the factory calibration) - it's the clients that limit range/speed...
Yea. Thats right. Btw. If like 5ghz om the low channel. It id better to do the lowest channel? And on high channels. I go to the lowest available too?

So. If it did that. That means its gonna disconnect my low 5ghz channels of it found another d one. So it say that its sent from beacon right. So if we set beacon to 50 is no go I think. Cuz itd popular to use 50 . how about 25ms? And is it really fixes it? Pls help me

Also hopefully 75% doesn't exceed any US regulation! Don't want to undermine any FCC regs.
PS: Am on AC66R(U)

Step1: Find FFC regulation, search relevant section. Read.
Step2: Read the readme/changelog of hggomes fork. Pray for tx pwr written there is correct.
Step3: Antenna gain..what's it? Google..
Step4: Did the dude include antenna gain in values from Step2? Guess, guess, guess..
Step5: Do the arithmetic...
Step6: Compare the values from Step5 and Step1. Violated FFC reg: yes, no, no, yes...

Not everyone of us are engineers (especially responsible ones). If you don't have time to figure out or aren't within your capability to do so. It's time to stop using this fork. With a gun, you know it can kill. With hggomes fork, people can't see the harm.

yeah @kvic, this fork does make me a bit uncomfortable from all the secrecy... just wanted to fix my son's room's and my bedroom's lack of wifi coverage... will try and put it at 70% or maybe i'll go with Merlin's or John's forks... time willing...

RT-AC87U_380.58_HGG-ALPHA1

is able to download

Installed this firmware yesterday, then got an egg out of the larder next to where the router is and it had hard boiled ? Is this normal ?

Installed this firmware yesterday, then got an egg out of the larder next to where the router is and it had hard boiled ? Is this normal ?

Yes! But was the chickenWiFi faster too? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.