What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC87U_380.58_HGG-ALPHA1
is able to download
CHANGES:
=======
380.58: (ALPHA1):
- NEW: Private Internet Access VPN support.
- FIXED: ASUS WEBUI missing code.
- UPDATED: SQLite to 3.10.2 version.

Just installed on my ac68u to cover my dead spots. Much better range compared with merlin 380.57 and great throughput! Im happy so far.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Is it possible to overclock with the 380.57_2 hgg firmware
and if so is it in the gui or cl? ,Thank you

Is it possible to overclock with the 380.57_2 hgg firmware
and if so is it in the gui or cl? ,Thank you

If possible, it would be via cl.

What is the end goal for overclocking? If for VPN or QoS, it would be helpful. If for general routing performance, I think it would be hard to see any benefit.

I just upgraded another RT-AC68U to hggomes 380.57.2 from 378.55.3. The wired computers seem faster with network tasks and the wireless devices are much, much better too with identical settings. One device I tested achieved a jump to ~52Mbps transfer rate from ~36Mbps (about 40% improvement). That is through one floor, about 6 walls and around 75 feet from the router. :)

The customer is very happy and mentioned again that spending the extra money (over the multiple RT-N66U's) a couple of years ago has paid off immensely for him and continues to do so today.

If possible, it would be via cl.

What is the end goal for overclocking? If for VPN or QoS, it would be helpful. If for general routing performance, I think it would be hard to see any benefit.

I just upgraded another RT-AC68U to hggomes 380.57.2 from 378.55.3. The wired computers seem faster with network tasks and the wireless devices are much, much better too with identical settings. One device I tested achieved a jump to ~52Mbps transfer rate from ~36Mbps (about 40% improvement). That is through one floor, about 6 walls and around 75 feet from the router. :)

The customer is very happy and mentioned again that spending the extra money (over the multiple RT-N66U's) a couple of years ago has paid off immensely for him and continues to do so today.

Ok,I am planning to start using a vpn ,but that is a for another topic
how would the commands go ?
Thank you

The commands go nowhere: Just import the correct OpenVPN configuration file and be happy with your VPN! :rolleyes:

Dear All,

I have a strange issue, I am using HGG 380.57.2 and 87U, and whenever i put the laptop i am accessing the router with on sleep, i am not able to access the router. I always get the below message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://192.168.1.1/Main_Login.asp?error_status=2&page=index.asp&lock_time=0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried accessing the router using another laptop, mobile phone, etc... same message.

The router is accessible by Telnet, but the below message appears after i log in and I cannot do normal commands like TOP, etc...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** YES MASTER! ** - RT-AC87U 380.57.2_HGG-FINAL Mon Jan 18 16:27:49 UTC 2016
-sh: can't fork
admin@xxxxxxxx:/tmp/home/root# top
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is wrong? a reboot will solve the issue, I tried playing with the idle time before the router auto log-off, i tried 120min and 0 (disable), same issue

By the way, the router is working and I cannot feel any issue in performance, just not accessible via GUI and the above message in CLI.

Hady

Last edited:
Thank you

If you're asking about the commands to overclock, you'll need to search the forums (hint: use google to search the forums. Don't use the forum's built in search function).

But my advice for overclocking has always been, don't.

If you're asking about the commands to overclock, you'll need to search the forums (hint: use google to search the forums. Don't use the forum's built in search function).

But my advice for overclocking has always been, don't.

Thank you for your advice ,will do
I"ll just have to watch out for the Router Police,lol

nvram set clkfreq=662,331,165
nvram commit

For RT-N66U might be different for other models I dunno

Last edited:
New update available:

CHANGES:
=======

380.57.3: (1 FEV 16)

- FIXED: RT-AC56U/S TX Power code.
- FIXED: WEBUI Media Server code.
- UPDATED: Curl to 7.47.0 version.
- UPDATED: JPEG to v9b version.
- UPDATED: LibUSB to 1.0.20 version.
- UPDATED: OpenSSL to 1.0.2f version.
- UPDATED: PCRE to 8.38 version.
- UPDATED: SDParm to 1.10b2 version.
- UPDATED: USB_ModeSwitch to 2.3.0 version.

New update available:

CHANGES:
=======

380.57.3: (1 FEV 16)

- FIXED: RT-AC56U/S TX Power code.
- FIXED: WEBUI Media Server code.
- UPDATED: Curl to 7.47.0 version.
- UPDATED: JPEG to v9b version.
- UPDATED: LibUSB to 1.0.20 version.
- UPDATED: OpenSSL to 1.0.2f version.
- UPDATED: PCRE to 8.38 version.
- UPDATED: SDParm to 1.10b2 version.
- UPDATED: USB_ModeSwitch to 2.3.0 version.
is the 3200 file posted yet ?
I didn't see it in the folder
Thank you

is the 3200 file posted yet ?
I didn't see it in the folder
Thank you

380.57.4_HGG-FINAL
==================

RT-N16 - READY.

RT-N18U - READY.

RT-N66U - READY.

RT-AC66U - READY.

RT-AC56S - READY.

RT-AC56U - READY.

RT-AC68U - READY.

- There are some reports on the new driver causing issues (unable to connect/disconnects), specially on 2.4GHZ band.
This doesnt affect everyone but it seems reproducible on some specific devices.
If that's the case use old driver instead, it will fix it.

RT-AC87U - READY.

RT-AC3100 - DELAYED, IN TEST.

RT-AC3200 - READY.

RT-AC88U - DELAYED, IN TEST.

RT-AC5300 => DELAYED, IN TEST.

CHANGES:
=======

380.57.4: (2 FEV 16)

- NEW: RT-N16 Enhanced Mode.
- FIXED: MiniDLNA not working due to wrong symlink filename.

380.57.3 is old already. :)

But no 380.57.4 files have been uploaded yet. :(

380.57.3 is old already.
What's the latest for N66 ? There are no files in the Beta or Experimental folders and in the Archives folder, the most recent date stamp is from Jan 18 2016, "380.57.2_HGG-Final".

Should I wait for the latest .4 build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.