What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

(2) Can't disable MAC filter on guest networks
Sigh....I've been following posts on the latest Merlin release on the fix that was picked up by Merlin (and me) to "enable MAC filtering on guest networks". After you posted that you were having a problem as well, I took a closer look at the code, and a side effect of the fix is that it forces the guest MAC filter mode to always be equal to the base wireless MAC filter mode. I'm working on a fix now.

Just want to add that I would really appreciate such a fix/feature. For me the Guest network is unusable now. Because of the forced main Wireless MAC filter :( Yes. I could disable the MAC filter, not much security added. But for me it sort of functions as a check-list of my own wireless devices.

If not too much work to maintain a change from ASUS's code, please add some logic back for this.

Again, thanks for all the work you guys put into these tuned firmwares. With them I have an easy task recommending equipment for friends/family :cool:

Update-06 available

An early update release...

LATEST RELEASE: Update-06
23-November-2014
Merlin fork 374.43_2-06j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
===============================

For those of you not yet ready to update to the latest 376.xx release, I have created an incremental update (fixpack) to 374.43_2. This build primarily backports some of the fixes of the later Merlin builds back to the 374.43_2 build.

Update-06 of the 374.43 update fork is now available. This release is a little sooner than normal to pick up a fix for not being able to disable MAC address filtering on guest networks. There are also a couple of other small functional enhancements that I had been working on as part of the normal release cycle.

Highlights

- MAC address filtering can now be disabled for guest networks

- With this release the Wireless Mode options are standardized across all supported routers with 3 choices....Auto, N Only and Legacy. If you are
using AC mode clients, you should select 'Auto'.
In my testing the N+AC mode did not always have consistent results. These options should provide the most stable connections across all platforms.

- New are syslog entries for login/logout events to the Web GUI. These can be found under a header 'HTTP login:', for example

Nov 21 08:14:30 HTTP login: login 'admin' successful from 192.168.1.100

- Note that there are no general security related items in this release...update based on your needs and personal requirements. Update-05 remains the minimum recommended level for security updates.

Enjoy!

History

-------

374.43_2-06j9527 (23-November-2014)
- Source: https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin : branch 374.43_2-update
- Desc: Incremental update to remap key fixes through 376.48, update-06

* CHANGED: webui: standardize wireless modes across all radios
* FIXED: init-broadcom: allow guest macmode independent of base
* FIXED: webui: apply settings on guest network before branch to mac filtering
* FIXED: miniupnpd: Use merlin makefile for clean
* NEW: httpd: Add HTTP login/logout events to syslog (user request)

Changes/fixes marked as (*) are unique to this fork, but do not affect the basic/default function of the firmware.

README-merlin-fork.txt
RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06j9527.trx........MD5: 8DA3837093A97BC0E352653D94EFEFB2
RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06j9527.trx........MD5: 5C6B5E61EE4A74E3290777ADC46C0E13
RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06j9527.trx........MD5: 107F9159A14017AEF6E4B045E9A3F31C
RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06j9527.trx..........MD5: 1719A6AE7644170260272D10CA4EEE9D
RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06j9527.trx.........MD5: 70134B1374AE1D2C726CE468BABE6D60

Highlights
- MAC address filtering can now be disabled for guest networks

Well, that was fast :cool: Updated firmware, tested with/without MAC filter and so on. Everything works for my purposes (MAC filter on main wireless, no MAC filter on guest wireless). Thanks :)

We aim to please :)

Thanks for the quick feedback....always a bit nervous if it will work for others like it did on my system.

RT-N16 Site Survey broke?

I had be running RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-01j9527.trx since 08/26/2014.

I just upgraded to RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-05j9527.trx using Administration > Firmware Upgrade.

I only have 2.4GHz devices and live way out in the boonies... closest neighbor 1/4 miles away.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
I only have 2.4GHz devices and live way out in the boonies... closest neighbor 1/4 miles away.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question. The site survey lists access points (not clients) and if you are really 'out in the boonies' it doesn't seem unreasonable that none would show up.

Is there an access point you know of that isn't listed? Have you tried the scan in 'Passive' mode?

Yup, I had my stupid hat on... I was thinking about System Log > Wireless Log.

Sorry for wasting everyones electron's reading this. :eek:

Mike

After I installed 374.43 Merlin firmware in my RT-N66U router I'm not able to use SFTP to connect to external servers. I have to use SFTP to connect to an external Unix server to access files there. But if I bypass the router then I'm able to connect using SFTP. I use this router just purely for connecting to the Internet and not for anything else such as connecting to my LAN from outside etc. I'm not tech-savvy when it comes to routers. I did serach the internet a lot and played with the settings a lot but this SFTP thing still doesn't work. Please help.

Would someone please respond to my quoted post above?

After I installed 374.43 Merlin firmware in my RT-N66U router I'm not able to use SFTP to connect to external servers. I have to use SFTP to connect to an external Unix server to access files there. But if I bypass the router then I'm able to connect using SFTP. I use this router just purely for connecting to the Internet and not for anything else such as connecting to my LAN from outside etc. I'm not tech-savvy when it comes to routers. I did serach the internet a lot and played with the settings a lot but this SFTP thing still doesn't work. Please help.

Sorry for the delay, that usually means no one has seen the same situation before. A couple of questions....

Are you using the base Merlin firmware or the fork available here?
What host operating system and SFTP client are your using?

The only thing that possibly comes to mind is to check the WAN/NAT Passthru tab and for testing make sure all the options are set to enable (except the last one if you are not using a PPPoE connection).

Hey John just updated my RT-N66U with your latest V6. Thanks for your time and effort. :)

Sorry for the delay, that usually means no one has seen the same situation before. A couple of questions....

Are you using the base Merlin firmware or the fork available here?
What host operating system and SFTP client are your using?

The only thing that possibly comes to mind is to check the WAN/NAT Passthru tab and for testing make sure all the options are set to enable (except the last one if you are not using a PPPoE connection).

Thanks for responding. I think I'm using the base Merlin firmware. If it would help the file name is Asus_Merlin_RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_0.zip. I'm using Windows 8.1 and using an editor called Editplus. Again, I have no problems connecting to the FTP server if I bypass this router and connect using the xfinity router. I'll try the options that you suggested and let you know.

Tools Sysinfo Crashes HTTP

Whenever I access the Tools Sysinfo page, that page is partially mangled and the GUI crashes and I am no longer to access the web page at 192.168.1.1.
ps w | grep http returns nothing (except for the grep cmd).
Wondering if anyone else has seen this. Using last forked release (v6).
Thanks
Using Asus AC68r

Whenever I access the Tools Sysinfo page, that page is partially mangled and the GUI crashes and I am no longer to access the web page at 192.168.1.1.
Thanks
Using Asus AC68r

No, sorry....and I actually use the 68R for the fork development and it works fine here.

Is this your first load of the fork code? If you came from a 376.xx release (Merlin's latest) you need to do a factory reset as I know some of the values for the sysinfo page have changed and there may be some remnants that are causing problems.

Also, what browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Thanks
Using Asus AC68r

Using the N66U here and do not have that issue. In fact i dont have any issues with ver 6 of the fork build.

Wanted to add i use chrome and IE 11 for browsers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have updated to update 6 of the fork last night and everything is working great! I have a RT-66 and believe your firmware gets the most out of the wireless with up to date security fixes.

hi ive been using this firmware for a week or so now, all was fine then suddenly when trying to reach 192.168.0.1 i get this..

-
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC56U.
To access the settings of RT-AC56U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

-

:'( okay so I googled this and found some recent and old posts on it on different router and firmware so I guess it affects a lot of people?

does anyone know what is the cause? or if its been fixed in the newer versions?

reading other posts the only advice I saw was to factory reset, the router is still working fine its just the web part that seems to have broke, I cant turn it off right now I am busy streaming :(

anyway I hope someone reads this and can help, any info you have would be great,

thankyou!

@mei: Empty your browser cache. Quit your browser. Restart it and try again. That works for me.

@mei: Empty your browser cache. Quit your browser. Restart it and try again. That works for me.

you had a similar thing?
I tried this and used another laptop :(
now I just get...

Opera could not load the webpage because 192.168.0.1 took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your internet connection.
Check your internet connection.

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

so I guess something crashed but the router is still working fine other than that
I wish I could try unplugging it but I really cant right now when streaming chat

reading other people with the same problem they recommend a factory reset which is annoying, if it happens once a week that would get tiring lol

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!