What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

well we know client works as I used it on my ac66, which I tested for john.

I plan to test the server on it to help aid in debugging although it would be lan to lan vpn, and I would need to reconfigure it so no ip conflict with my ac68, I will do this tho to help get to the bottom of the problem.

I got a rough idea what 'possibly' might be the issue.

On a freebsd forum people using arm/atom processors had a broken openssl 1.0.2, were getting weird errors in apps. The fix for them was disabling "optimized Assembler code" which is a recompile with it off not a setting to turn on/off.

Hi,

Thanks for all your efforts.

How to I downgrade to v10 as it was the most stable for me?

After going to v11 and now v12 my internet always seems to disconnect and i also have problems mounting smb share on a mac.

I have tried factory resets but does not seem to fix the isssue.

Do I have to flash the latest Asus official firmware first then apply v10?

What would the steps be including resetting factory settings?

Cheers

After resetting to factory defaults, did you manually configure the router or did you restore a backup file of your settings?

Do I have to flash the latest Asus official firmware first then apply v10?

No. You can flash any version of the fork you want no need to go back to Asus or Merlin first. But if your using any of the newer 376-378 code then you would need a factory reset after flash. But going from any version of this fork it's not required .

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, I did manually re-enter settings after factory reset but still find it playing up.

When i try to apply v10 I get an error message saying it cant be applied. I cannot remember the exact error. I will have to try later tonight. I am using the correct firmware for the router rt-n66u.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, I did manually re-enter settings after factory reset but still find it playing up.

When i try to apply v10 I get an error message saying it cant be applied. I cannot remember the exact error. I will have to try later tonight. I am using the correct firmware for the router rt-n66u.

What version are you currently running now and to confirm your router is the RT-N66U ?

When i try to apply v10 I get an error message saying it cant be applied.

That's definitely and indicator of a problem. I don't remember anyone getting that message loading code the fork before. If you have any USB devices attached, try detaching them and rebooting before the code load (this frees up some additional memory for the code load).

Yes can confirm running latest release of v12 on rt-n66u.

I will remove the usb drive and restart and then perform a factory reset.

Should I do the factory reset using the button on the router itself rather than software? I think i read somewhere in this forum that perhaps the factory reset through the interface didnt work properly?

They should all be the same....but when in doubt I always do a 'WPS reset'. Just anecdotally for me, it's always worked.

John, please know that I am not complaining and your fork rocks. I know it can be a bit frustrating when you put out a new version and bugs come up.

I think I had an issue similar to Lachlan above. I use a usb for smb on my n66u and it has a FAT and an ext3 partition. When I access the share via windows with version 11E1 I see folders under both partitions. When I moved to version 12 and accessed the share, the ext3 folders would not show up (an ftp folder and entware).

It did NOT erase the files in the ext3 directories, because I could still access them with putty. I moved back to 11E1 and all is well.

Hi All,

Well it looks like version 10 that I download was corrupt and this was the error message I was getting:

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

After applying a good download of version 10 I have applied that and done another factory reset and manually entered settings.

Connection now seems stable and my mac can map the drive fine now. Will be sticking with v10 for a while and will keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

I think I had an issue similar to Lachlan above. I use a usb for smb on my n66u and it has a FAT and an ext3 partition. When I access the share via windows with version 11E1 I see folders under both partitions. When I moved to version 12 and accessed the share, the ext3 folders would not show up (an ftp folder and entware).

I just ran a bunch of combinations/orders of partitions of ext3, FAT and NTFS on my AC68 and I was always able to see all the partitions and any folders I created on Win7. Router SMB was set for guest mode access.

Are you running in Guest mode or are you setting users/permissions?
Is your drive direct connect or connected through a usb hub?

If both of the above (user permissions + hub), please give it a try with Guest mode.

Hello, I'm running Firmware:374.43_2-12j9527 with Ac-68U and I have no IPV6, only link local:

IPv6 Connection Type: Native with DHCP-PD
WAN IPv6 Address:
WAN IPv6 Gateway:
LAN IPv6 Address: /64
LAN IPv6 Link-Local Address: fe80::e23f:49ff:fef2:9a10/64
DHCP-PD: Enabled
LAN IPv6 Prefix: /64
DNS Address:

IPv6 LAN Devices List
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostname MAC Address IPv6 Address

I've set
Connection type: Native
Interface: PPPOE
DHCP-PD: Enable
Auto Configuration: Stateless
Enable Router Advertisement: Enable
Enable DHCPv6 Server: Enable

Hello, I'm running Firmware:374.43_2-12j9527 with Ac-68U and I have no IPV6, only link local:

IPv6 can be 'finicky' and very dependent on your ISP.
Two things to try (one or both in combinations)...
- On the Firewall tab set 'Filter IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation' to No
- Some ISP's IPv6 is not compatible with NAT acceleration. On the LAN > Switch Control tab set NAT acceleration to Disable

If neither of those helps, you may want to try Merlin's latest release. This fork and Merlin's code use different IPv6 stacks, and sometimes one works better than another for a given connection.

The poster did not say who he has for a ISP but here on comcast v12 works fine with native IPv6 in fact it seems to work better then any other version of the fork.

Razvanu,
IPv6 is working here with DHCP-PD, also on v12. I don't use PPOE, though, just "automatic" dhcp with Comcast. Which ISP do you use? Have you ever had IPv6 working? I'm curious, since not all ISP's have IPv6 implemented and/or deployed even now.

Last edited:
I'm using Tunnel 6rd with Charter and IPV6 is working ok with my N66U on v12. I think I might have one of the first gens of the N66U - It says "Dark Knight" on it, while the newer ones say "Dual Band 3x3" Where it previously said Dark Knight. I'm not sure what the difference is, or if there is one, but thats which N66U I have.

So far so good with this Firmware for me, but I dont really run anything fancy. I have some ports open for a few things, IPV6 enabled, Both radios on, 64GB Flash drive connected storing traffic logs and some files/music... Pretty basic setup. 4 - PC's, 3 - iOS devices, 2 - Chromecasts... all working good for me so far. :)

Will update if anything goes haywire. :D

Thank you all for answers. My ISP it's RCS&RDS Romania and I was using IPV6 with build 3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06Ej9527 and worked without any problems.
Now I've switched back to merlin build 378.54_2 and it's working. When I have some time I'll do more tests.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!