What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there any chance for an updated wireless log page like those came in the latest fw?

Sure....nothing earth shattering (got rid of some info, and reformatted a bit), but better I think...

It looks way better. Not as messy as default page by Asus. Can easily see the details. Great thanks...

Installed -08.
I lost my jffs, had to do a format to get it back.
No big deal, just be aware it can happen and backup any scripts you may have there.

Thx John. :)

Installed -08.
I lost my jffs, had to do a format to get it back.
No big deal, just be aware it can happen and backup any scripts you may have there.

Thx John. :)
Thanks for the feedback....I will highlight that. On the MIPS routers when I remove Download Master, it's likely that will happen. The plus side is your jffs space is now bigger.

EDIT: Updated first post and 'announcement' post.

Last edited:
Upgraded about an hour ago working good no issues i can tell. Thanks John. :)

Running on 08 now. Apart from having to reformat jffs (syslog moaned about not being able to use old formatted jffs with new kernels) move from 07 to 08 went smoothly. Thanks John!

BTW, openvpn seems to behave now too, clicking on it shows the export button for the certificates, just as expected.

edit, just read Builder71's post about loosing jffs. Mine was present but syslog had loads of entries about not being able to use old formatted jffs with new kernel or so) so I set it to reformat and put my scripts back from backup and rebooted, all is well.

... The plus side is your jffs space is now bigger.

JFFS.jpg

:D :D

BTW, openvpn seems to behave now too, clicking on it shows the export button for the certificates, just as expected.

I still don't know what triggers it.
It's too early to say it doesn't happen any more, after your recent reboot.

I keep an eye on it, to see how -08 behaves. ;)

Running v.08 now, but I cannot see below information. Coming from v.07 and kept settings . AC68U.
* NEW: wifi: show country/regrev on wireless/professional page
Someone who actually reads things :)
Scroll all the way to the bottom.....it's tucked at the end of the yellow message for setting Transmit power.

This would be something that RMerlin could copy? :)

Running v.08 now, but I cannot see below information. Coming from v.07 and kept settings . AC68U.
* NEW: wifi: show country/regrev on wireless/professional page

Scroll all the way to the bottom.....it's tucked at the end of the yellow message for setting Transmit power.

+

I see the reg mode on both my routers on v8. But it only works on the AC68, not the AC66. Down arrow drop box thingy doesn't work.
Also, I can enable Universal Beamforming on the 68, but I can't on the 66. Greyed out.

Last edited:
+

I see the reg mode on both my routers on v8. But it only works on the 68, not the 66. Down arrow drop box thingy doesn't work.
Also, I can enable Universal Beamforming on the 68, but I can't on the 66. Greyed out.

Congratulation on finding the first bug (so much for Beta's :( )

The bug ONLY affects the new capability of opening up the Wireless/Professional settings in Repeater mode, including opening up some settings that shouldn't be (the N66 doesn't support Beamforming :oops: )

I'll give it another day or so to see if anything else surfaces, then put out a point release update.

Thanks for the report!

On my old Netgear router i could see in the logs, who connected from which ip/mac to my router and also who tried to connect with a wrong pw and admin logins.
Is it me, or does the ac68u not have a option like that in stock,merlin or fork?
It is a great feature and i really miss not being able to see who keeps trying to connect ;D

On my old Netgear router i could see in the logs, who connected from which ip/mac to my router and also who tried to connect with a wrong pw and admin logins.
Is it me, or does the ac68u not have a option like that in stock,merlin or fork?
It is a great feature and i really miss not being able to see who keeps trying to connect ;D

If you mean via the gui.... stock=no, Merlin=no, fork=yes
Look for the following in the syslog (there's also a failed message under HTTP login and a successful logout message)

Mar 11 19:31:28 HTTP login: login 'admin' successful from 192.168.1.100

Congratulation on finding the first bug (so much for Beta's :( )

The bug ONLY affects the new capability of opening up the Wireless/Professional settings in Repeater mode, including opening up some settings that shouldn't be (the N66 doesn't support Beamforming :oops: )

I'll give it another day or so to see if anything else surfaces, then put out a point release update.

Thanks for the report!

Probably your fw is way too near prefect thus unable to find much bugs.

By the way I'm using N66U in AP Mode running only 5Ghz channel.
In Wireless Log; I have no idea but notice that the RSSI and SNR is always reported as 0.

6JEkAmH.jpg

It does have just that it a very simplified log only.
8rJ9Cpo.jpg

This would be something that RMerlin could copy? :)

I'm sure it could be added....but I haven't looked at the new code enough to see if it could be implemented the same way with the Quantenna driver and AC3200 tri-band support in the new code.

Hi John, sorry for bothering but since you mentioned. Possible to point me to some reference website so I can find out what/ where my region belongs to.?
Not sure what to Google for for the details below.
5Ghz is Q2/0
2.4Ghz is US/2

Thanks
kRRSxH7.jpg

By the way I'm using N66U in AP Mode running only 5Ghz channel.
In Wireless Log; I have no idea but notice that the RSSI and SNR is always reported as 0.

Good point.....I think I remember seeing a post from Merlin that the Broadcom drivers never implemented that reporting (if you look at the screenshots of Merlin's new format it's the same). It does look like SNR is reported by the Quantenna hardware, but since that's not applicable to the fork, I should just take out those two fields. Good catch.

Good point.....I think I remember seeing a post from Merlin that the Broadcom drivers never implemented that reporting (if you look at the screenshots of Merlin's new format it's the same). It does look like SNR is reported by the Quantenna hardware, but since that's not applicable to the fork, I should just take out those two fields. Good catch.

Yes I notice that on my AC87U too. The RSSI and SNR on 2.4Ghz is 0 too. But 5Ghz seems fine and does shows some numbers.

Hi John, sorry for bothering but since you mentioned. Possible to point me to some reference website so I can find out what/ where my region belongs to.?
Not sure what to Google for for the details below.
5Ghz is Q2/0
2.4Ghz is US/2
Hmm.....maybe I should have left that commit out :)

There isn't any reference that I'm aware of (as far as I can tell, they are internal to the Broadcom drivers and control the setting of some of the wireless parameters). I can tell you that Q2 is also a US code, but how it's different????

I put that in to give me a visual cue in the code as I play with some of those options....constantly looking for ways to improve things and still stay legal with the regulatory folks. :)

One question though....what router do you have and what CFE level (from the Tools page)? I haven't seen those codes mentioned as a default before.

One question though....what router do you have and what CFE level (from the Tools page)? I haven't seen those codes mentioned as a default before.

I'm using N66U with CFE 1.0.1.2.
No mods or scripts. Oh and it's in AP Mode.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!