What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just double checked and it works fine for me. Are you sure you didn't accidentally create the script in DOS/WIN format instead of linux? run
dos2unix /jffs/scripts/init-start

and I assume you are checking the value with
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/route_localnet
Yes and Yes (Making me feel silly)

I made the script itself on the os directly (vi)

and yes, I am cat'ing the file out.

Do I need to have DNSFilters and all disabled when I go to reboot the first time?

Last edited:
I keep trying to show you the output, but the site is saying "You are blocked"

Here:
output.png

jffs.png

Last edited:
Something is severely wrong if a WPS reset caused all this problem. I'd download a fresh copy of the code and apply it with the ASUS Firmware recovery tool, then factory reset again to be safe.

Also, note that some ISPs get upset if you are switching routers behind the modem, or re-adding the modem after taking it out. If you do either of the above, you should power down the modem and router for 15-30 minutes after the change to force the ISP to reset your connection.

Yikes. You have something going on outside of my usual experiences. I'm rather curious now to know what the problem is so keep us posted.

Well after several factory resets my RT-AC66r is working again on the latest non beta Fork version! I have no idea what happened it was a viscous circle! I flashed with original FW and it would work until I updated something on the router, like turn on QoS. I would then flash again and do a factory reset and once again it would stop working when I changed a configuration finally after doing this a few times I was able to change settings and it would still work.

IDK, maybe I need a new router but it is working now.. PITA!

@cybrnook
What about just from command line after a boot.....here's my output after a boot with it set in init-start. If this works, there is something wrong with your script because it does work in init-start
Code:
admin@AC68P-06650:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/route_localnet
admin@AC68P-06650:/tmp/home/root# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/route_localnet
admin@AC68P-06650:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/route_localnet
admin@AC68P-06650:/tmp/home/root# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/route_localnet
admin@AC68P-06650:/tmp/home/root#

I can run the script manually just fine as I mentioned, so I know the syntax is good. I can cat the file out after I run it, and it reflects properly with "1". But this is AFTER the boot, as I mentioned, and if I try testing it then (exclusive with WAN to WAN), internet goes out.

That's why I was saying/asking I assume this needs to run early in the boot process to take affect? (because I can run it fine manually after boot. Suspecting it IS running, but then getting overwritten with a 0 again?)

I am going to add a little echo to another file to see if it's running during boot.

something like:

echo "Just to see if it's working" > /jffs/test.txt

Last edited:
That's why I was saying/asking I assume this needs to run early in the boot process to take affect? (because I can run it fine manually after boot. Suspecting it IS running, but then getting overwritten with a 0 again?)
It really doesn[t matter where it's run....I just thought init-start would be easiest. I normally set it when WAN to DNSCrypt server is set on the VPN.....so it's not tied to boot. Once it's set, I never do anything that 'unsets' it.

Just as I suspected:
output.png

So you can see it IS running during boot (the script), but the "1" is being later overwritten to "0" during the boot process by "something".

Contents of the script:

#!/bin/sh

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0/route_localnet
echo "Just to see if it's working" > /jffs/test.txt

It really doesn[t matter where it's run....

So you are saying that I could just as easily set this to "1" after a boot, and proceed? If that's the case, then I already tested and DNS resolution to normal, non vpn clients broke again.

It defaults back to "0" after every boot......

EDIT: OR!! the contents of "/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/br0" don't exist yet at the time of "init-start"

Not sure you saw it John, but I was trying to pm you since Thursday.

Either way, I will just stick with DNSfilters since that's working as expected.

I know your time is valuable.....

By the way, on 22E4 IPV6 on PPPoE seems to be broken again. I've noticed that and resetted my routed to factory, even disabled router advertisment and it won't work in any way. I have an RT-AC68U

Last edited:
@Vortex66 @maurer
Sorry, but I double checked the commits and nothing was changed with respect to PPPoE or IPv6 between V20 and V22. Maybe ISP problems?
If one of you wants to provide a syslog, I'll take a look and see if anything jumps out.

@Vortex66 @maurer
Sorry, but I double checked the commits and nothing was changed with respect to PPPoE or IPv6 between V20 and V22. Maybe ISP problems?
Typically you should also turn off the modem when updating the router - only after some time (e.g. 10 minutes) you should turn on the modem and let it boot up first - then the router as second. This typically helps to reset the modem/ISP part of the game before the router tries to connect after a firmware update.

Hi,

I have a RT-N66U running software 374.43_2-22E4j9527. Everything works as it has done since I started to use the "John" fork a long time ago. Everything that is except I cannot contact the modem not even ping works. As I understand it, it should be on 192.168.100.1 it certainly was in the past but no longer. It is supposed to have a web interface for adjustments etc.

Help please - baffled.

Bob.

Hi,

I have a RT-N66U running software 374.43_2-22E4j9527. Everything works as it has done since I started to use the "John" fork a long time ago. Everything that is except I cannot contact the modem not even ping works. As I understand it, it should be on 192.168.100.1 it certainly was in the past but no longer. It is supposed to have a web interface for adjustments etc.

Help please - baffled.

Bob.
Have you tried 192.168.1.1?

What modem do you have? I see you are in the UK, is it a Virgin Media Super Hub? That's what I have and can get to it at 192.168.100.1 with no problem.

What modem do you have? I see you are in the UK, is it a Virgin Media Super Hub? That's what I have and can get to it at 192.168.100.1 with no problem.
Yes, you are correct on all counts. I used to be able to talk to the modem but no more, I can't even ping it but my internet still works.

Bob.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!