What's new

Great LAN speed vs ASUS official firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iPa64

New Around Here
Hi,
I've just bought an ASUS RT-AC68U ( 3.0.0.4.384.2104) , but I was disappointed by the transfer speed on the LAN, o ly 12-15MB/s !!! :(
I've just flashed it with Merlin 384.5 ( nothing else ) and now I get 65-70MB/s !!!
Great Merlin
Thanks
:)

Last edited:
Hi,
I've just bought an ASUS RT-AC68U ( 3.0.0.4.384.2104) , but I was disappointed by the transfer speed on the LAN, o ly 12-15MB/s !!! :(
I've just flashed it with Merlin 384.5 ( nothing else ) and now I get 65-70MB/s !!!
Great Merlin
Thanks
:)
Not that the merlin firmware is not great, but I'm getting 240mb/s on stock....

240mb/s = 30MB/s ;) (Mb = Megabit MB = Mega Byte )
So that mean I get 520-560 Mb/s

Ah, I should have read your post more closely. I'll have to test it using a file server. I was only testing my internet which is maxed out at 240mb/s. 30MB/s is still faster than what you were seeing on stock. Don't get me wrong, as soon as I'm done troubleshooting, I'll be loading merlin back up on my routers.

I do know that wired, i'm maxed out at 987 mb/s. Too bad there are no real options for higher throughput. I've been eyeing the symantec router that supposedly has a 2.5gb/s port. But kinda pointless without a switch and better internet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!