What's new

Google TV on lan port drops connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pergola Fabio

Hi

i have an rt-ac888 as main device, and 2 rt-ac86u as nodes
On one of my nodes, i have connected an Google TV device, with the official google tv ethernet power adapter
once every month, i see the lan connection is dropped, replugging the lan cable doesnt work, the only solution is to reboot the google TV device, and the the led of the lan port is on again

What could be this issue? I know the google ethernet adapters, are only max 100 MB, maybe i can setup the port on a fixed speed? but i'm unable to find that setting? its also on a node, so how can i configure this?

or maybe another setting to test ?

On one of my nodes, i have connected an Google TV device, with the official google tv ethernet power adapter
once every month, i see the lan connection is dropped, replugging the lan cable doesnt work, the only solution is to reboot the google TV device, and the the led of the lan port is on again

It's kind of a known thing with the 1st party ethernet adapters with the Google Chromecast w/Google TV...

The other 2 Google tv devices, there if have then directly plugged in to a Netgear switch, never had an issue with it, only the one plugged in to the rt-ac86u

Hi

i have an rt-ac888 as main device, and 2 rt-ac86u as nodes

What could be this issue? I know the google ethernet adapters, are only max 100 MB, maybe i can setup the port on a fixed speed? but i'm unable to find that setting? its also on a node, so how can i configure this?

or maybe another setting to test ?
When google tv is off it shutdown the ethernet adapter. Another thing that might affect your ethernet is your power settings. Is it set to use green saver?

No, there is no green saver, when I power off the Google tv, the Ethernet adapter is still awake, I see the led of the lan port still with a light

WiFi should work quite well