What's new

GT-AC5300 fw - version 3.0.0.4.384_20308-gead790e

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diveblaster

Regular Contributor
Hi
After upgrading to the new firmware version Guest networks are discontinued. I activated them but clients cant find them when searching for wifi...
Did work Before. Have anyone else experienced this?

FYI- After i upgraded the firmware i did a factory reset

I back tracked firmware versions till it worked again. Found out that the last firmware that had Guest networks working for my GT-AC5300 was firmware version : 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5

Hi
After upgrading to the new firmware version Guest networks are discontinued. I activated them but clients cant find them when searching for wifi...
Did work Before. Have anyone else experienced this?

FYI- After i upgraded the firmware i did a factory reset

Can you send feedback by Feedback function ?

Can you send feedback by Feedback function ?
I have done that to :) to be safe and to let asus Tech guys have something solid to work on hopefully.
The Feedback function couldnt send the mail so i mailed it with my mail client instead with the proper log. Some times tit works and most of the times it doesnt :) Any info about this even though its not essential?
Regards
Dive

UPDATE:
I tried different settings with FW 3.0.0.4.384_20308-gead790e and 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5 and they work the same.
I thought that the BETA fw worked because I enabled Guest network directly after factory reset and all. I hadnt then configured anything else.
So this I know for sure now :=) Tested with android, ios and pc clients!
The guest networks are there but I missed them because I use Hidden SSIDs for safety. (I know its not safe but it makes it a bit harder for peeps looking around). It affects per channel so if I hide my 2.4GHz channel it also hides those guest networks aswell on the same band and so forth. Same with both 5Ghz bands. Before I could have my intranet channels hidden and guest networks open so my guests could find by themselves and connect.
So when I want GUEST NETWORKS to be visible I will also reveal my own SSIDs. Not so wise :(
I know this was doable before and I had that configuered with my earlier router RT-AC66U aswell.

I would like to see it as it was when GUEST NETWORKS where visible or at least I can choose this regardless of my own default 3 wifi bands.
Regards
Dive

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!