What's new

GT-AX 6000 - firmware 3004.388.4 -VLAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bulgar71

New Around Here
Hello everyone,
I am a new user on the forum and would like to ask for support.
I switched from a Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 router with firmware to GT-AX 6000.
At this point I am surprised by the lack of VLAN on Asus-Merlin firmware 3004.388.4
So where and how to set Vlan?

You can't. 3.0.0.4.388.xxx firmwares Asus or Merlin do not support Vlan. I think Asus has some beta firmware for there Pro version routers that does.

After checking maybe Asus does support Vlan on your model but as of now Merlin does not.

Thanks for the answer, although I'm surprised that there is no Vlan option in such a router. However, OpenWrt is better developed.
And I will have to return the GT-AX6000 to the store.

Not Merlin, but Asus's latest firmware for the GT-AX6000, 3.0.0.6.102_21514, does have VLAN functionality. Worth a try, unless you have to have both VLAN and Merlin. It isn't clear if Merlin will support the 3.0.0.6.* Asus firmware yet, but seems to me that there's a real good chance that will happen at some point.

At this point I am surprised by the lack of VLAN on Asus-Merlin firmware 3004.388.4
VLAN's are possible on certain Asus routers running Merlin. See here:
Otherwise use the forum search feature, lots of other threads on VLAN's here.