What's new

GT-AX6000 2.5 Ghz WAN Red Light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael James

Occasional Visitor
Hello All!
I have a GT AX6000 running the current non beta version of the firmware: Current Version : 3.0.0.6.102_21514-g9affda2_136-g5d23c
About once a week or every 2 weeks, I get a red light on the 2.5 Ghz WAN on the front of the router. This weekend I was out of town on Friday night (EST time zone) around 6:41pm EST, I got a call from my security company to report a loss signal from the internet. I then tried to check my cameras from my phone and could not access them either.

When I got home Sunday, I looked at the router and there was a red light. All the other lights for the LAN were flickering as they normally do. so I tried unplugged and plugged back in the Verizon home internet 5G box... what I was trying to see is if the Verizon box was causing the issue and I gave it about 15 minutes for the Verizon box and the ASUS router to pair back up / sync.
never did, always go the red light. So I turned off the router and back on. Everything came back up. I then went into the router and saved a copy of the log for the router. I am attaching the Syslog if anyone can review.

What caused the disconnect? Why is the only solution to have to reboot the router (which if I am out of town causes big issues)?

Don't know what causes the WAN disconnections, but your log file contains too much personal information. ⚠️

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!