What's new

GT-AX6000 Merlin 388.2_2_rog client list capped

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronzino

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,
I wonder if it is an official asus implementation/bug, but client list is limited to 30 clients !
The others are not listed, even if they receive from the DHCP an ip and can operate perfectly on the network.

GT-AX6000 Merlin 388.2_2_rog

is there a way to unlimit the number of listed clients ?

of course, there is no reason to say, that will be hard to manage/configure network without knowing which clients are connected as well as the ip address they have got

It's not limited on the non-ROG version, I have 33 clients showing right now, so I'm not sure why it would be limited on the ROG version.

my advice upgrade it to the latest version or even beta 1 from 388.6 it's very stable.

Are you talking about Asus original version?
No merlins version the latest one is 388.6 it’s super stable had has fixed that capped client list.

I think there are still some problems with the client list. for example, I just assigned a fixed IP to a PC, changing it from the one assigned by DHCP but it doesn't change in the client list. to see the change I have to restart the router.

It's not limited on the non-ROG version, I have 33 clients showing right now, so I'm not sure why it would be limited on the ROG version.
When I had the GT-AX6000 as my router, I had well over 50 clients with the ROG version. It was a mix of static and dynamic clients, and I had no issues. I went to Merlins FW as soon as it was available, but I believe I had just as many clients before I switched over to the FW.

It's a node now, with the 16000 as the router, but I took a look at the client list I exported, and it had 56 devices. I definitely recommend switching over to Merlin anyway, but also ensure you do a hard reset and take a look at your pools to make sure they don't have a typo and could be limiting the number of clients you can get assignments for. Lord knows I had stupid typos in my life.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!