What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flashed 386.8 on axe16000, uneventful, everything works. except YazFi (wl ifc diff @Jack Yaz )

[update] problem with YazFi is somewhat cosmetic. it can still work as long as guest networks are on 5-1, 5-2 or 6. it's a no go for 2.4 (also the gui is off sync regarding band names, but functionality is correct)

Last edited:
Definitely not normal. Replace it - if that piece is metal, it may short something at any moment.
Got it from Amazon. Not sure what their policies are, but usually when I've received something defective or broken they've sent a replacement out right away while also sending me a return label to send the defective / broken thing back.

With this router they sent me a return label and could process a refund only. So I did that and went ahead and purchased a new one.

New one is in and it's working just fine. I'm debating now whether I want to keep stock fw or go ahead and slap Merlin on it...

There is no debate. You should test with the RMerlin firmware in your own environment and evaluate it before the return period expires.

When I have RMerlin FW installed and I go to the Administration page and check for FW updates, is it checking for new RMerlin FW or new, stock Asus FW?

Any idea why the 6Ghz band can't be used as a dedicated backhaul? its only giving me the option for the 5Ghz-2 band to be a dedicated backhaul. Currently using 2 AXE16000 in AiMesh mode.

When I had 2 AXE11000 in AiMesh, it did give me the option for the 6Ghz band to be a dedicated backhaul

3.0.0.4.386_50168 just came out 9/13/22 via auto download

fixed gui bugs
Fixed ai mesh bugs
Improved system stability.

applied this on mine and it kept locking me out saying I had submitted an correct user name and password too many times so had to do a hard restart

3.0.0.4.386_50168 just came out 9/13/22 via auto download

fixed gui bugs
Fixed ai mesh bugs
Improved system stability.

applied this on mine and it kept locking me out saying I had submitted an correct user name and password too many times so had to do a hard restart
I had this issue as well. Turn power off to AXE16000 for 30 seconds and then turning back on worked. So power cycle is easier route.

New Asus firmware update causes 6ghz band to not connect if the SSID is hidden. I tried just changing the firmware back to the previous version, but still had the issue. Factory reset and now working like previously. Just in case anyone else was experiencing this problem.

Welcome to the forums @TheWizard.

That is (mostly) a function of the client device (driver), not the router. For the Hidden SSID issue (and happens for 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands too on many other models).

I don't know how many of yous having issues with AXE1600 Aimesh setups, but it's very annoying and not with with latest firmware. I got two AX11000 as nodes and AXE1600 as main router. The connection always drops and goes back to 2.4Ghz backhaul with weak signals. Even thought they are all within 5 meters from each other. Decided to use AX11000 as main router and no issues at all but AX16000 still 2.4Ghz backhaul and weak signal. Seems like it is not Aimesh friendly at all. I bought it from overseas cost me $16000 and can't even return it. Stock with this heavy boat anchor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-000231_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-000231_ASUS Router.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 56
I don't know how many of yous having issues with AXE1600 Aimesh setups, but it's very annoying and not with with latest firmware. I got two AX11000 as nodes and AXE1600 as main router. The connection always drops and goes back to 2.4Ghz backhaul with weak signals. Even thought they are all within 5 meters from each other. Decided to use AX11000 as main router and no issues at all but AX16000 still 2.4Ghz backhaul and weak signal. Seems like it is not Aimesh friendly at all. I bought it from overseas cost me $16000 and can't even return it. Stock with this heavy boat a

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-000231_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-000231_ASUS Router.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 58
I don't know how many of yous having issues with AXE1600 Aimesh setups, but it's very annoying and not with with latest firmware. I got two AX11000 as nodes and AXE1600 as main router. The connection always drops and goes back to 2.4Ghz backhaul with weak signals. Even thought they are all within 5 meters from each other. Decided to use AX11000 as main router and no issues at all but AX16000 still 2.4Ghz backhaul and weak signal. Seems like it is not Aimesh friendly at all. I bought it from overseas cost me $16000 and can't even return it. Stock with this heavy boat anchor.

Three APs 15' apart is madness... have you no confidence in radio!

OE

@HadiNZ, waaaaaay too much WiFi!

I have had zero issues with my AIMesh config. 16000 main router, three AX86U nodes, wireless backhaul. I’m covering a lot of distance and walls between units. Approx 100’ on different levels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!