What's new

GT-BE98 AiMesh and other extender Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

silvioslim

New Around Here
Hello everyone, i changed my "old" AX-11000pro that works fine with an asus lyra triband aimesh (wireless 5ghz backhaul with good/fine connection...it is a green line) and another tplink 2.4 extender (used only to give a lan connection to my home alarm sistem doesn't have a wireless connection...); i choose the new one GT-BE98 and Houston we ha've got many problems.
First of all wireless connection (and obiviosely wired connection) and every client work fine with the maximum speed they can reach; problems are only on aimesh lyra connection and also with the tplink 2.4 extender.
The asus lyra says that the backhaul is only on 2.4GHz band (on the AX-11000pro it was on 5ghz) and after add the node you can see a poor wifi connection backhaul (they are 5/6meters far each other) so it seems it doesn't connected to the 5ghz somehow. Tried out to change and disable every wifi7 option on professional wireless label but nothing changed.

So i tried out to connected the lyra wired to see if a wired backhaul fix the problem: AN HORROR MOVIE! The main router GT-BE98 after i connected the lyra aimesh wired it crash. I mean you can't access to the BE98 webpage even if every clients are still connected to the network and doesn't loose wireless/wired connection.
The tplink extender it seem works somehow but:
-if i try to open the tplink webpage using its own ip addres you can't open it (while with the ax-11000 pro working fine)
-if i try to open the home alarm webpage with its own ip address doesn't work (but the official home alarm application says that the alarm is connect to internet...and it's true because i can handle my home alarm system when i am outside home)

Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @silvioslim.

Mixing models within the same manufacturer gives issues, far less than mixing manufacturers and models (top to bottom).

I recommend sticking with the manufacturer you're most comfortable with that you expect long-term results with (Asus, for me). The rest of the mismatched equipment? Sell, give away, or stop using. Either way, simply don't connect it if you want a stable and reliable network.

No, 'specs' do not 'similar/interchangeable, models', make.

I agree with @L&LD. It sounds like you have too much going on. Also, with new routers, there's a lot of issues. It's probably a bug with the firmware. You can submit feedback to Asus and hope they fix it, but it may be some time before they get to it. I submitted a bug report end of December and there's not been any updates since. Luckily, I found a workaround. The issue I had was with 5ghz and nodes so it's possible that's where your issue is, as well. Good luck!