What's new

Guest WLAN not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cJlD2ENp4PoPQ

New Around Here
hi,
since several releases i have a issue with guest wlan networks.
My general WLAN uses WPA2-Enterprise with EAP-TLS authentication and AES encryption. In addition i am using a guest network with WPA2-Personal and TKIP+AES encryption. (Access Intranet enabled, MAC filter disabled).
But the clients can't connect to guest networks. I also tried WEP, but same result. Another thing is if i remove encryption, i can connect to guest network without DHCP.
The firewall blocks DHCP requests by guest networks
kernel: DROP <4>DROP IN=wl0.1 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx <1>SRC=0.0.0.0 DST=255.255.255.255 <1>LEN=342 TOS=0x10 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP <1>SPT=68 DPT=67 LEN=322
kernel: DROP <4>DROP IN=wl0.1 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx<1>SRC=0.0.0.0 DST=255.255.255.255 <1>LEN=342 TOS=0x10 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP <1>SPT=68 DPT=67 LEN=322

How can i solve this issue? The client supplicant tells me following:

I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'My Guest network'
I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Associated with e0:3f:49:xx:xx:xx
I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SUBNET-STATUS-UPDATE status=0
I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Authentication with e0:3f:49:xx:xx:xx timed out.
I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=e0:3f:49:xx:xx:xx reason=3 locally_generated=1

My Router RT-AC66U with Firmware 380.65

Last edited: